ok, well......hope this is the right place..

vadim

Nov 29, 2008
hope this is the right place to post this,

were do i find gt40 or gt40p heads, would rather the later, i running into cash flow problems and was recomended to try to get a set of these heads. jeez, i don't know whats worse, finding the parts or figuring what parts to use. anyone has any laying around as well lemme know. they seem to be a good head. and alot cheeper than ones i have been looking at, and it apears that my heads are stock on my 5.0.

are these head stock on 97-00 ford explorer, thats my hunch, but would like a solid answer, don't want to get to a wreckers and take the wrong heads lol. thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

The explorer had both gt40 and gt40p heads. The later models carried the p heads. Keep in mind when running p heads, you will have to buy accomadating headers due to the position of the spark plugs.

ok, i have BBK equal length shorties, anyone know if the will clear the plugs? what year explorer should i be looking at for the parts? i'm going to take the whole intake and heads off of one once i find the right donor. thanks again.

Mike.

i don't think any equal length header will work with gt-p's. if you find an explorer with the gt 40's they should fit fine. mid 97 is the change over i believe. also you'll want to either swap your e7 valve springs over to the explorer heads or buy a set.