One more wiring question

Slugstang

Dec 9, 2003
Va.
This is probrably a stupid question and I already think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. I have read over Stingers, CROVAX, 140CLX and GT350's web sites (great sites by the way, very informative :nice: ) but one wire is still confusing me especially after reading CROVAX's site. All the web pages state no changes are nessesary for the ACT wire because 88-90 mustangs have a ACT sensor just as the 87-88 TC cars do. But the pin out page on CROVAX site states the Mustang harness wire on PIN 25 was the Emergency Brake Warning Light on the old EEC. All the wiring diagrams state it's the ACT wire. I'm refering to pin 25. Is CROVAX's pin out page wrong? :shrug: I am asuming the pin out chart is incorrect since everyone agrees no changes are needed for this wire but I'd like more clarification.

I have finally gotten all my conversion parts and will be doing the swap this weekend, well some of it anyway... I first have to convert from carb to EFI since I have an 1985 which involves a whole lot more changes. I just want to make sure I know exactly what needs to be done and why it must be done that way.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

On one page I have it listed as being changed for turbo computers that don't run the ACT.
25...Emergency Brake Warning Light.................Vane Air Temperature
When I track the wire the pin number in my Haynes says Emergency Brake Warning Light but when traced to the sensor it is one wire from the ACT.

On the other page I have it listed as being the same for turbo computers that do run the ACT.
25...Emergency Brake Warning Light.................ACT

So I guess I'll go change the Emergency Brake Warning Light to ACT and bitch at Haynes huh?