Opinions And Suggestions Needed

thecableguy

Mar 1, 2012
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.
I have a 86 Stang 5.0. I am planning to rebuild it and need some advice and opinions.

Rebuild the 302= What rebuild kit would you guys recommend that come with better pistons?

Gt40p or GT 40 heads?= Which ones wold you recommend and should I upgrade the rockers and springs and if yes then what would you recommend?

GT40 upper and lower intake=any mods suggested or leave as is?

Cam=I am at a lost here on what cam. Too many different opinions on this

Injectors and fuel rails= would stock rails work and should I upgrade injectors?

Ignition= MSD dizzy and coil

Anyone think of something else that I might of missed? Links to products are greatly appreciated.

This is going to be a daily for me not looking to build the ultimate street/strip motor just something fun that I can enjoy until when I can afford to build a whole different motor.
I posted this on another forum but only got one not so helpful reply so I am going to try my luck here. Sorry for all the questions I am new to mustangs and the 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

If those are the parts you want to use, save yourself a ton of time and money, just buy an explorer gt40p engine, get the p headers, 24lb injectors, swap the cam out for an E or similar, then switch over to your accessories and be done with it.
Probably cost 80% less and be more reliable than a rebuild.

Don't use an msd dis or coil either, they are unreliable at best.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am trying to build this a little cruiser for now for the least money that I can. I might just go ahead and just rebuild it and leave it stock for now as it seems that there really is nothing I can do to it for now short of stroking the motor or an engine swap.