Opinions on this Throttle body

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ok well I was looking around and I found this Throttle body by Profesional products

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=PP-69212 1&comp=LRS

Anyone have any good experience with this brand and throttle body?

Also wanted to know If I was replacing the throttle body with this one, would it have a negative effect on the stock EEC? Or can I install it and not have to worry about tuning or anything for now?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 70mm satin version. No complaints here. You should have zero ill effects from the throttle body swap, but you'll want to check the TPS voltage, since the PP throttle bodies have a provision to allow voltage adjustment.

Well the first thing is that you posted up a 75mm throttle, for that to work you would need to have your inlet opening on your intake manifold opened up to a 75mm. Also, I have no personal experience with the Professional Products throttle body but from reading threads in the past people have said you get what you pay for.

On a stock intake, you're better off with a 65 or 70mm throttle body. Your engine (or mine) can't flow enough to even fully take advantage of any greater than a 65, but I got a good deal on the 70, so I grabbed it up.

On a stock intake, you're better off with a 65 or 70mm throttle body. Your engine (or mine) can't flow enough to even fully take advantage of any greater than a 65, but I got a good deal on the 70, so I grabbed it up.

Well I planned on some other stuff down the road to help this engine take in hopefully MUCH more air. So would I be safe with a 70 for now on the stock engine till the other stuff comes along?