Opinions please

CaliLove692

Oct 20, 2003
Hey I recently had my car broken into. The idiots cut my top and headliner and stole my Alpine in-dash screen, a case of a little over 100 cds, and for some reason my insurance and car registration papers that were in an envelope that were in the glove box with the brain for the screen. Insurance is going to cover everything that was stolen. I ended up getting the new Alpine screen, 60gb iPod, and 03-04 cobra cloth convertible top. Only thing is that the place I bought the Alpine screen from (reputalbe seller according to Froogle, 4.5 star rating) sold me a unit with no-serial number on it. I bought it for $1,151.30, saving about $150 off msrp. You can tell the unit is brand new, installed it myself in the stang today and works perfect, no problems. You can see where the serial number stickers used to be on the brain and screen units. I called the company up (www.techronics.com) and asked why the serial numbers were removed, they told me that they handle all the warrenty claims for items they sell and that I have a 1 yr manufacter's warranty. Better Business Bureau gives the company a good rating BB. My question is, do I still have a warranty through Alpine on the unit without the serial numbers, I have a receipt for when I purchased the screen. Sorta pisses me off, but everything is working with no problems.

• Sponsors (?)

if i remember right alpine only gives waranty thru an authorized dealer.. if they are not such a company ou're only support will be through them. i could be mistaken but it was that way with my truck with an alpine hu i bought off of the net a few years ago.

Alpine builds a quality product, reason why I've used them for all the aftermarket stereo equipment I've had in the past from h.u. to amps and speakers, subs. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have any problems with the new screen. Would you worry about not having warranty through Alpine? The company says they'll warranty the screen.