Roush Ordered the V-2 SQ Vortech for My '05 Today

Needless to say, I'm pretty anxious. In M&FF, the same system made 511 rwhp and 440rwt on a stock '05 GT. I'm upgrading the fuel system which they didn't do in M&FF, which should make the power completely safe and sit around 550 rwhp.

Anyhow, I have never used a Vortech system before, are there any issues I should be aware of or precautions I should take with the system?

Thanks a bunch!!

• Sponsors (?)

S281SC#08 said:
Decided against the Saleen blower huh. no suggestions just good look and cant wait to see it.

Yeah, I decided against the Saleen blower. I know it is a good system, but there were other factors that aided in my decision. First, I have never been happy with the Saleen Flashs/Programs. I plan on doing some additional modifying to the car using my XCAl II, so I'd be paying for a flash I wouldn't be using. Also, as of Jan. 1, the price for the Saleen blower jumped to $5,000. That is more money that I want to spend. And, if I wanted to increase the boost, it would have been necessary to upgrade the injectors and the fuel pump, all of which cost more money. The system I'm getting, includes the blower, injectors, & XCAl II w/ programs (I'm getting a credit for my XCal II that I already own) and I'm purchasing the fuel pump separately. All of that for a couple thousand less the the Saleen blower alone.
I know the Saleen blower is capable of more power than the Vortech with less boost, but that is a hit I'm willing to take. Trip over at Speed Dreams here in Albuquerque, simply swapped his Saleen blower pulley to increase the boost to around 7-9 lbs and is now making around 550 rwhp with just some other bolt-on mods - pretty impressive numbers.
Anyhow, I hope to have the sytem installed within the next 2 weeks. I'll post the results when were done with the install and dyno tuning.