ordering clutch, gotta question

02nightmaregt

To hell with your Mustang, I want to see your HOG!
Jul 1, 2007
Southern Indiana
Ok like it says, I am ordering a new clutch, TOB, and Pilot bearing. I had my tranny rebuilt about a year and a half ago and when I did that I had ordered a Centerforce DFX w/ TOB. Well when my mechanic was putting everything back together we realized that summit had sent the wrong clutch. Anyways I ended up having to send it back and get a crappy clutch from a local clutch manufacturer. Well I also sent back the TOB and I don't think my mechanice even replaced that when he put it all together, so now its whining and making all kinds of horrible noise. Well I am now in the process of tearing the car apart and doing a little work to it (thank god for the dd:banana:) My question is, I am looking at a DFX and want to make sure I order the correct one this time. Here is what I'm looking at
Centerforce DF800075 - Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches - Overview - SummitRacing.com
I don't wanna go through ordering it and finding out its the wrong one again.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the stock 3650 that clutch will fit.

The things to look for is definitely the 1 1/6 shaft/11 diameter disc and the 10 splines.

I would also order MM's FW adjuster and quadrant but use your stock cable! If I had to do it again, I would go Fiore or MM from the start!

If you have the stock 3650 that clutch will fit.

The things to look for is definitely the 1 1/6 shaft/11 diameter disc and the 10 splines.

I would also order MM's FW adjuster and quadrant but use your stock cable! If I had to do it again, I would go Fiore or MM from the start!

Ok so this is what I need for the turdy650, I mean 3650? Good to know, thanks. Also I plan on doing the clutch/TOB/PB, new stock FW, Quadrant, firewall adjuster, and new stock cable. Where can I snag the Fiore? I want to get it right this time, since I can actually do it myself and take my time.

Twogts4us: yes I called them and the guy I talked to arued with me saying that they sent me the right one. I didn't want to argue with him so I just asked if I could send it back and get my money back. I have always liked summit so I'm not really that mad with them, I mean people make mistakes. I'll just make sure when I order this time I specify what application it is needed for.:nice:

I have that same clutch. Awesome clutch it is. I used a Ford TOB with mine. I knew the they were one of the best TOB so I didn't want to have to try a Centerforce one and end up having to redo it. Not saying that the Centerforce TOB are bad, I just didn't want to chance it :shrug:

Ok so this is what I need for the turdy650, I mean 3650? Good to know, thanks. Also I plan on doing the clutch/TOB/PB, new stock FW, Quadrant, firewall adjuster, and new stock cable. Where can I snag the Fiore? I want to get it right this time, since I can actually do it myself and take my time.

Twogts4us: yes I called them and the guy I talked to arued with me saying that they sent me the right one. I didn't want to argue with him so I just asked if I could send it back and get my money back. I have always liked summit so I'm not really that mad with them, I mean people make mistakes. I'll just make sure when I order this time I specify what application it is needed for.:nice:

Her's a good write-up on quads & adjusters:

http://www.slantnosefox.com/techarti...djustment.html

And here is a link to Lethal Performance:

Fiore 96-04 Micro-Click Firewall Adj. & Clutch Quadrant Kit [FIORE-ADJKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

GT

Always remember to order a clutch that has a lower torque rating then your transmission. A clutch is much cheaper then a tranny. I am running a spec stage 1 with my stock tranny and making 700rwhp/573rwtq with no problems and no slipping.