Other coolant source?? I'm stumped..

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Here is my dilemma, I have a 302 with the edlebrock RPM air gap intake. I decided to go with a HEI style distributor because the duraspark was giving me probs and I liked the idea of just running a single 12v wire to the distributor and cleaning up the engine bay. My problem is the coolant hose for the heater core, I have a 90 dregree elbow on the intake, the distributor clears the elbow but when I need to set the timing one of the hold downs for the dizzy cap hits the elbow, therefore I cannot get the timing set, is there any other source I can run the heater core hose to instead of the intake?? I would just grind down the 90 degree elbow for some clearance but I would end up grinding thru and runing the elbow before I got enough to clear the dizzy cap holddown :(

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not an expert on carbs and HEI's, but you should be able to remove the distributor and put the distributor gear on another tooth on the cam; therefore putting the hold down in a better position. It works for moving the TFI modlue on EFI cars, so I guess it should work on the same principal with a HEI.:shrug: