Pacfic ford Experience So Cal

Intercoledc6

Jun 19, 2009
Have any of you ever had this kind of problem getting you car fixed under Warranty....
Hey guys just want to tell you about my recent experence with Pacfic ford in long beach ca. I took my 2006 mgt to them because of a check engine light came on... This car has 28,000 miles on it. Well like i say i took it in the the dealer and talked to the service guy there, told him of the problem that i was having, btw we checked the code that it was throwing and it was a cam sensor position code. anyways i said that we checked the code and it said it was cam timing sensor. He checked it and said that we were right, that we need to leave it for them to check it out. I purchased a Premeinm entended warranty when i bought it 7 years 75000 miles, Cost $3000. So i ask him to give me a rental car if they were going to keep the car it is under factory warranty and in my warranty i am to receive a car if they keep mine, he tells me to call him at 5:00 and he will decide if i need one or not, it was about 10 am at the time, i had to call someone to pick me up. at 5:00 I call him he tells me that the cam sensor is triggering a check engine lite to come pick it up and change the oil and bring it back. I ask him why don't they just fix it, he said they need me to do a oil change before they can more on, I was so upset you would not belive. anways i take the car home. My factory warranty was going to expire in about a month, but i was un aware of it. i take it back today 2 wks later, a new service guy ask me what I need I tell him the story about the guy telling me to change the oil and come back, he put a weird look on his face and says "what does the cam sensor have to do with the oil?" I said "thats what i told the other guy", he said who told me this, i pointed him out, he goes over and tells the guy that we are back and have changed the oil so it is a continuance from last time. The guy gets all tiffy and says there are no continuance, and grab the card that the other guy put on the windshield and tears it up, and put one of his own on it. the other guy just looks at me and rolls his eyes. Now this guy starts with a bad attitude, and start talking ****, and threatens my 20 yr old son, i tell him if he wants trouble he is talking to the right person, he threatens me i run up to him and got in his face, this guy is about 400 lbs. now he calms down, i ask to speak with a manager. A lady comes out and ask me if she can help, I tell her that her service guy is out of order and the story about the sensor and the oil change and can we just get the car fixed. she is very helpful for 5 min, passes me to another service lady she writes it up for the cam sensor again... well they call me 1 hour later and say that the alt has a bad diode and needs to be changed, I ask her, what about the cam sensor issue, that that the problem, i have been there before and they did not say anything about the alt, she says she dont know anything about the cam sensor, that she needs to replace the alt, and my factory warranty expired 12 days ago, but my Premium warranty does cover it and it will only cost a $100. So at this point i am steaming, I ask her why did they say the cam sensor is bad, and made me change the oil and filter and tell me to bring it back in, BTW the same code is still on the car "cam sensor" She says she cannot do anything untill i fix the alt.... This is unbelievable what A TRAP... I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD :notnice: IN MY LIFE.. BTW i had same problem with my Superchared 07 C6 corvette with headers no cats shift light and all... "cam sensor issue, took it to harbor chev L.B :nice: they took my car right in gave me rental car changed sensor with smiles on their face's... Guess where i will go the next time a buy a new $50000 + car....:nice::nice::nice:
HARBOR CHEVROLET LONG BEACH CA Ford service sucks and so do their cars:notnice: This is not a ford chevy thing its a service thing...:flag:

Larry Holloway
Long beach ca

• Sponsors (?)

Man, I hate it when people type the way that they talk.

Sorry dude, but your post was WAY hard to comprehend. Sorry you had such an ordeal with your dealer, but it sounds like that is the problem. The problem isn't the quality with Ford cars, but the service at this particular dealership. You said so yourself, you had an issue with your Corvette. Was the quality of that car so much better? No. It was the service at the dealer that was better.

If I were you, I would escalate this with Ford and explain to them that you would have had the car fixed within the warranty period if they hadn't told you to change the oil and come back. Also, if that was the case, why the hell didn't you just tell the service tech to change the oil? Why get it changed somewhere else?

FYI, you could have taken the car to any dealer to get fixed. Just because you bought the car at PACIFIC, (that's how you spell Pacific by the way), Ford doesn't mean you need to service it there. Frankly, I would have taken it somewhere else if I had gotten the story you did the first time you brought it in.

Anyway, enjoy the next Chevy you get, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Man, I hate it when people type the way that they talk.

Sorry dude, but your post was WAY hard to comprehend. Sorry you had such an ordeal with your dealer, but it sounds like that is the problem. The problem isn't the quality with Ford cars, but the service at this particular dealership. You said so yourself, you had an issue with your Corvette. Was the quality of that car so much better? No. It was the service at the dealer that was better.

If I were you, I would escalate this with Ford and explain to them that you would have had the car fixed within the warranty period if they hadn't told you to change the oil and come back. Also, if that was the case, why the hell didn't you just tell the service tech to change the oil? Why get it changed somewhere else?

FYI, you could have taken the car to any dealer to get fixed. Just because you bought the car at PACIFIC, (that's how you spell Pacific by the way), Ford doesn't mean you need to service it there. Frankly, I would have taken it somewhere else if I had gotten the story you did the first time you brought it in.

Anyway, enjoy the next Chevy you get, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

1st off
You probably work at ford..
Well smart guy, the post is already is to long, but i notice you read it all didn't you... and you even took the time to post a reply huh... and a rather long one to i might add. how they treating you over there at the blue oval my brother... lol you are funny...

WOW 283 hp, Dam thats fast lol spend another $3000 and you will probably get to 350 RWHP Dont hate 650 RWH buddy some day you can have that too, oh and you car looks like ****, those rims really suck.... :D:D:D:D:D:D

1st off
you are a dick and you probably work at ford..
Well smart guy, the post is already is to long, but i notice you read it all didn't you... and you even took the time to post a reply huh... and a rather long one to i might add. how they treating you over there at the blue oval my brother... lol you are funny...

WOW 283 hp, Dam thats fast lol spend another $3000 and you will probably get to 350 RWHP Dont hate 650 RWH buddy some day you can have that too, oh and you car looks like ****, those rims really suck.... :D:D:D:D:D:D

He wasn't being a complete "dick". Your post is very hard to understand. I also have a hard time believing that it was only the people at the dealership giving the attitude after reading how you responded above. Take a step down off your pedestal and try acting cordial for once. Of course there is typically no use trying to help people of your nature.....

Good Luck

He wasn't being a complete "dick". Your post is very hard to understand. I also have a hard time believing that it was only the people at the dealership giving the attitude after reading how you responded above. Take a step down off your pedestal and try acting cordial for once. Of course there is typically no use trying to help people of your nature.....

Good Luck

Well, If i am attacked i strike back, Granted the post is long and might be a little hard to read, but there was no cause for his words at the end it was personal, "dont let the door hit you in the ass" same as yours. " and your "There is......people of my nature" I think because i talked bad about FORD now i have hit a nerve... I like the mustang gt i have 2 of them... the 06 GT is already has had like 8 issues....I was pissed at the ford dealer thats all... Mustangs Do not compare to the corvette but neither does the price... That being said have a nice day... I will remove the post because, i don't want to offend anyone... Ford:nice:

Well, If i am attacked i strike back, Granted the post is long and might be a little hard to read, but there was no cause for his words at the end it was personal, "dont let the door hit you in the ass" same as yours. " and your "There is......people of my nature" I think because i talked bad about FORD now i have hit a nerve... I like the mustang gt i have 2 of them... the 06 GT is already has had like 8 issues....I was pissed at the ford dealer thats all... Mustangs Do not compare to the corvette but neither does the price... That being said have a nice day... I will remove the post because, i don't want to offend anyone... Ford:nice:

You did not hit a nerve with me at all. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I am just fine with that. I love Corvettes and obviously a Mustang is no comparison. The statement of mine that you quoted was in reference to the way you talked about the people at the dealership and I feel that maybe the attitude that you displayed in this thread is part of the reason why you got attitude back at the dealership and in the first response above. That is all.

Hope it all gets taken care of so you can enjoy your ride.

Good Luck.

For what it's worth at this point, the alternator diode issue has been known to cause a cam sensor MIL in these cars - some kind of electronic interference thing. Also, the cam timing is adjustable in these cars. The phasers that modulate the adjustment are driven by oil pressure. Making sure there is nothing wrong with your oil viscosity is a good starting point before diagnosing a cam timing problem. It doesn't sound to me like the dealership told you anything that was too far out of line.

My mother always told me that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. She was correct.
A little politeness can go a long ways especially if you are dealing with rude people. Giving it back to them only escalates the problem.
The dealer should fix it because the problem existed while the car was under full factory warranty.
I would talk to the manager, nicely, or go to another dealer and, politely, explain the situation.
Anger, no matter how justified it might be, doesn't solve anything.
That's my two cents.

This is a Tech issue. Cam sensor, alt issue and bad service in my option. Granted i was upset when i took the car under warranty but they told me to change the oil, I change the oil every 3000 miles with Mobil one. it was changed 1000 to 1100 before i took it in. Come to find out now that it was a alt issue. But the alt seems to be working fine its charging. the car only has 35000 mi on it. I would like to thank the people that have emailed me with help instead of disrespect...

Larry the ford guy...

Not tech - moved to 2005 - 2009 Talk. Easy with the personal attacks, Intercoledc6.

Cam sensor issue: Not Tech?????

It was tech, went south with cannibalistic nonsense (hence the prior move to Talk), then post #1 was restored back to its original state. See below:
Last edited by Intercoledc6; Today at 03:37 PM. Reason: restored original post

Moved back to Tech. Keep the shots above the belt, gents. :nice:

Well, when you come to a Ford site screaming "Fords suck!", you're liable to get a little hostility. I'll go back to crying while I work at the Ford dealership now. I just don't know how I can look at myself in the mirror after I was so brilliantly scathed by this guy. :rolleyes:

yea u shouldnt be mad at the car just the people that try and fix the problems, you should go back and fight them all!!!! if they dont understand some argueing then everybody understands some ass kickin!! haha j/k yea bad service can get under anybodys skin, u should just take ur business elsewhere

This is a Tech issue. Cam sensor, alt issue and bad service in my option. Granted i was upset when i took the car under warranty but they told me to change the oil, I change the oil every 3000 miles with Mobil one. it was changed 1000 to 1100 before i took it in. Come to find out now that it was a alt issue. But the alt seems to be working fine its charging. the car only has 35000 mi on it. I would like to thank the people that have emailed me with help instead of disrespect...

Larry the ford guy...

I had the same problem on my car, but it ended up being the alternator and a cam position sensor. It's not that the alternator wasn't charging, but that it was putting out RFI interference. The dealer will normally do a "ripple test" and compare the waveforms to known good waveforms to determine if the alternator is putting out "dirty" power. With all of the electronics on these cars, "dirty" power can cause issues.