Paint Delamination

amcnally

Aug 5, 2003
Kentuckiana
I am doing some research on paint delamination (peeling paint...paint that just falls off) on Mustangs that are 1995 or older. I would like to hear from people that had this problem with their cars, and would like to hear from people that have cars that has the original paint on it with no delamination.

If you have a car that has paint delamination, please contact me and tell me: what year your car is; is it a coupe or a convertible; what color is your car; when did it begin to delaminate; whether you car was kept inside or outside; what area of the country you were located in when it began to delaminate (and up to that time); how your car was cleaned (hand wash, plastic scrub brush wash, professional detailer, etc.); what did you do about the delamination; where your car was manufactured, if you know (or the part of your VIN that indicates that information); and any other information that might be of use.

If your car has it's original paint, I would like to know as much as I can of the above information, but also whether you are the original owner of the car as well (how do you know for sure that it is original paint if you are not).

Feel free to contact me directly if you do not want to post your information here. I can be contacted at paintinfo at(@) apexrg.com

Thanks!
Ann

• Sponsors (?)