Paint problems

LCGimp

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Oregon City, OR
I have a 2001 silver mustang and the clear coat is flaking off of a little spot right behind the front left headlight. It has also flaked a little off of a spot inside the wheel well, where the body work bends inside. Both spots are on the same piece of body, front drivers side quarter panal I think its called. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, but I thought I'd check. Does anyone know what to do to fix this? or stop it from spreading at least. Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

I have a brand new 2004 black Mustang premium..(bought brand new)And as we speak my car is at the dealer being painted...The clear coat on the front right bumper is pealing off,( almost half the bumper right side )..There are also spots over the hood roof wing trunk that looks to be under clear coat thet needs to be fixed...I bought the car at night and when I washed and waxed it I noticed 2 weeks later.....The dealer said that he thinks the spots other than the bumper are water marks but I do not agree I think it is paint defect and it they do not fix there will be hell to pay....I payed cash for my car 23000 and that was after rebates..(leather trac con trol mach in dash 6 Cd primium wheels etc....also the trim around back glass was not sealed ..what thay told me before I brought it in was its under warranty and if it blows out your covered hahahahahah..anyway thank god your paint lasted as long as it did...Mine lasted 3 weeks...