Paint recommendations

Hi there,
Anyone know a good place to get your car painted at?
This is the problem:
I gave my current painter my car about 3 months ago, he told me it will be done in a few months, and he'll do it for 6k,
then he told me a few days into it cause i went there every day that he'd get it done by the end of march,
then a week before the end of march i visit again and he says mid aprilish (keep in mind i'm visiting him every weekend and maybe twice a week) I get angry but my great uncle is his best friend so i keep my cool...
spring break comes along and i visit every other day and he says he'll get it done by the end of my spring break (mid april) still nothing. Every time I go he pushed the deadline back to the next weekend or somethin.
It is may now and he still doesn't have the car done.... he was supposed to finish yesterday according to my great uncle but he told the painter that we weren't gonna be in town this weekend (which we weren't) so he was gonna get it done by monday-tuesday. That occurred the last week of april.
Now, my uncle visited him on friday and he said that on thursday the painter is going on vacation to Hawaii and he'll be done by wed or thursday. Now I just recently learned that the painter's definition of 'done' is having all the paint work done, not re assembling it all that will take even longer.
What's the problem? I'm a senior in high school, this is my last month of school... and I want to take the car to at least prom [on the 26th](its always been a dream to roll up in an old car and stuff) And cause i don't have a car I have to stay at school everyday for 3-4 hrs cause my brother has practice... and i'm a little kid inside so like whenever he told me it will be done by x day i built up my hopes like no other and then when that day came i was let down , imagine a sad kid.:(

To top it all off he told me and my uncle and my father that if we wanted we could take the car at anytime and he wouldn't have any hard feelings and wouldn't charge us anything.
So basically what I'm asking is there anyone who knows a paint shop in southern California that will stay true to their deadlines? I'm planning that if it isn't done by this weekend i'm gonna take my painter up on his offer... All the body work is done and he says there are 2 coats of primer on.

• Sponsors (?)