Pics of my '98

sheoncehadme

Jun 2, 2001
Here are some pics of my '98 V6... I still have a lot of work to do to it, but money is tight.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice :nice: . You just need to drop that thing. For some reason my 94 looks a hell of alot lower then your car. Seems to be sitting extremely high??? :shrug: . I think its the wheels. are those 18's? I think a lower profile tire would do you some good. Looks kind of like your front wheel sticks out past the fender in the second pic.. Does that rub?? Where did you get the rims to? are they 18x10's??? I was thinkinking of going with a 10 wide, but i think i'll just put them in the back. maybe an 8 or 9 in the front.

yea, i need to lower it badly, i know a guy that has 2.5" steeda lowering springs he said he would sell to me for like $200 installed... thinking about doing that... as for the wheels they are Halibrand Cobra III Fat Lip or whatever. They are available through Discount Tire Direct. I dont know if they have them on thier website yet or not, but i do know they have the wheels to sell. the fronts are 17x9 and the rear is 17x10.5 (really frikin wide). The tires are mismatched as the front ones are too big, the only rubbing that occurs (and only because the tire diameter is too big) is when i crank the wheel all the way over it rubs on the part where the side skirt comes up to the fender well, but thats only if you have the wheel cranked all the way over. but i got a great deal on them... $150 for the set mounted and balanced... i couldnt argue too much on that. when i lower the car i will have to get some new tires that are more low profile to be able to fit with the lowering.

If the tires are around the original diameter up front, the only thing I would be concerned about are how wide the actual tires are. That's where you will run into rubbing issues.

As far as dropping the car 2 1/2" I'd really think about that. 2 1/2 is a lot of undercarriage room to lose. I lowered mine 1.3" all around and sometimes my balls crawl up inside my stomach when driving around. Then again, I have the CDC side exhaust too in which I lost about another inch. Just evaluate where you do most of your driving and consider those main drag parking lot entrances that can be a pain to get over. Speed bumps could be a killer too.

i know the diameter on the front tires is bigger than the origional.. and the tires may be a bit too wide for the wheels.. there is a lot of tire bulge.. but as i had said.. i got the tires really cheap so i didnt complain too much..

I know that is a very large drop. I am thinking that 1 1/2 might be better, i know speed bumps i would have to avoid them at all costs, as right now some are pretty crazy on the car... haha... but right now the car looks like a 4x4 mustang...