Please Rate This Performance Kit

NicD

Mar 4, 2004
I’m learning as I go and you guys have been like a Mustang encyclopedia for me. Thank you, truly.

Now I need some help evaluating this combo available at Brothers Performance in Corona, CA for about $2500.

This is the combo:

Edelbrock Aluminum cylinder heads
Crane 2040 Cam
Edelbrock Performer Manifold
Crane 1.7 Cobra roller rocker arms
BBK 1-5/8” Equal length headers
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK 70mm EGR plate
Pro M 75mm Mass air sensor
Motorsport Lower intake gasket kit

What I’d like to know is what you think of the combo, is it worth the money, and what kind of HP increase I might see with it. My goal is to have around 300 horses in a daily driver, naturally aspirated, with plans to mildly supercharge (5-6psi) sometime in the future.

FYI, these are my current mods in my 1990GT. The motor is has about 100k miles on it but is still strong. I do plan to do a compression check on it in the near future.:

Ford motorsport pulleys
Moroso cold air intake
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Pro5.0 shifter w/Kona handle
Ford motorsport 4:10 gears
KYB shocks & Struts
BBK lowering springs
Flowmaster mufflers

Thanks in advance guys.

• Sponsors (?)

SuperStang83 said:
Are they doing the wok for you?QUOTE]
Unfortunately, this is for parts only. I WISH the price included labor as well. But I'd be very satisfied with 290 at the wheels, and I'll look into the larger injectors as well. But what would be the difference between going with the 24lb injectors vs. the stock 19lb injectors in terms of performance?

Price seems too high. Do a price comparo with Summit and you should save at least $300. Brothers prices suck.

for power, 300 or so and the 19's will be fine up to around 325 with enough fuel, then you'll want to look into 24's

Jamie

I've decided to go a slightly different route. Since I'm basically rebuilding the top of the motor, I'm going to rebuild the bottom as well and throw in a CHP 347 stroker. Will these same mods be optimum with the stroked motor?:

Crane 2040 Cam
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK 70mm EGR plate

I believe at least the cam might have to change for optimum performace and I'm sure I'd need at least 24# injectors, but, again, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

NicD said:
I've decided to go a slightly different route. Since I'm basically rebuilding the top of the motor, I'm going to rebuild the bottom as well and throw in a CHP 347 stroker. Will these same mods be optimum with the stroked motor?:

Crane 2040 Cam
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK 70mm EGR plate

I believe at least the cam might have to change for optimum performace and I'm sure I'd need at least 24# injectors, but, again, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Ok if your going to go with a 347 then the heads, and exhaus are not good for this. I have been doing so much research for a 331, I was told to go with The AFRs 205 or the AFR 185. and the exahust should be bigger also. 205 heads require a header of about 1-7/8" diameter and a wider bolt
pattern to see best results. As far as the INtake I would go with the Edelbrock RPM II intake it is the hottest thing right now. Be expected to wait about 4 months for this intake, that is how back order they are. Injectors I would think should be over 30#s. 30s being the smallest and go with a custom cam.