Plug Wire Looms?

• Sponsors (?)

Waste of money.. somebody here on stangnet showed me how to do the NASCAR loom with twist ties, works great, looks good, and costs a few cents.

What you do, is losely wrap all 4 wires with one twist tie, then take another few twist ties and wrap them tightly around the lose twist tie (perpendicular), between each plug wire.

Me too, but if you don't care about 'show', then I'd do it too. It could look decent, but for $10-20 why the hell not do it right.

Anyway, you can kinda see mine in these pics:

engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

I got 'em on ebay as a custom set (four 4, two 3, and two 2-wire dividers total), otherwise the retail packages are lacking. If you search "mustang wire divider" or "mustang wire loom" you will probably see the same seller (can't remember who he is though, but i believe he was in NY). Anyway, these are great and I actually get plenty of compliments on them. Not something I'd expect from wire looms, so they must be nice! :)

mansonozz said:
Me too, but if you don't care about 'show', then I'd do it too. It could look decent, but for $10-20 why the hell not do it right.

Anyway, you can kinda see mine in these pics:

engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

I got 'em on ebay as a custom set (four 4, two 3, and two 2-wire dividers total), otherwise the retail packages are lacking. If you search "mustang wire divider" or "mustang wire loom" you will probably see the same seller (can't remember who he is though, but i believe he was in NY). Anyway, these are great and I actually get plenty of compliments on them. Not something I'd expect from wire looms, so they must be nice! :)
MansonOzz: Thanks...I thought you had some and hoped you'd post. I searched ebay and they don't have the 3 wire dividers, so I'll prob. go w/ summit since i'm getting the wires from there. I can't see skimping out for $20 when i've spent so much so far...definately not show quality and I don't intend it to be anywhere close, but I do want it to look presentable at least. Oh yeah...that oil filler cap is sweet :nice:

Thanks. I no longer run that cap since I have the blower :( Sucks because I loved it. Now I have a thin chrome breather, it looks sweet but not as cool as the 5.0 billet one. :shrug:

Why not email the seller on ebay and ask if he can piece together a set for your needs? Tell him to give you a price and decide from there. Worth a shot! It's free!

I actually found the plug wires and all the dividers in black like I wanted (summit only had blue) for like $63 w/ free shipping, so that's how I went. Thanks though :nice:

I've heard of people having problems with oil getting thrown all over their engine bay w/ a breather...guess you haven't had this happen. :shrug: Since one of my cyclinders is only pushing 40 psi or so, i'll prob. just run it to the ground and build a new one when it breaks and throw the blower back after a break in. We need a smiley shoveling money into a stang...