POLISHING my 10 holes

• Sponsors (?)

Started as a 86 Gt hatch black, huge k and n conical, no smog, saleen ground effects and wing (not on yet) 4 whell 5 lug disc brake conversion (not on yet), smoothed engine bay (almost done), converted to mass air. roll control, being stripped down to metal for redfire paint job, newer 1/4 glass, cervinis cowl hood, will have h4 halogen headlight conversion, 95 dash swap (still in progress), carerra seats by corbeau, harnesses too. 2.5" dynomax turbo tube exhaust with 3.5'' tips, lx tail lights, custom roll cage, no back seat, hidden wiring harness, custom harness.....all done by me and me alone. hence the sig. and the stinking thing is still not done after 7 years. but it's well under way now.

yea in a way i think i might have, i've always wanted to do it but this is the first place i've seen it actually done. Personally i think polished Tens look just as good as Welds.

BlackFox5.0 said:
You need to sand a lot more with a finer grit paper, what are you ending with before polishing? You should be able to make those shine two times as better.

Ya, i know.. they are all as shiny as the first pic, its just the lighting is all messed up. The previous owner had painted them BLACK and they were really nasty looking.. i might get them a little smoother, but thats pretty much good enough for me.

I think it will look a lot nicer on the car as well.

After.jpg

You have already figured out the paint stripper thing.

I did some clearcoated Mustang TRX wheels a long time ago.

Do not sandblast them. It took forever to polish the sandblast marks out!

I did the homemade polishing wheel thing, using Brightworks products. Worked perfectly!

I used stripper on the other 3. Then polished them and they looked sweet.

A guy came along and had to have them so, I sold them.