Ported upper or RPM Outlets new pullies??

kylew5

May 25, 2003
Copperas Cove, Texas
What would you do? Would you go with the ported upper intake and possibly the phenolic spacer, or the RPM Outlets new 42% UD pullies with the 12% crank and Water pulley.

I'm not sure what kinda gains I can get from the Upper Intake manifold but I have the K&N FIPK kit, Poweraid TB spacer and a ported throttle body. Although, I already have the 25% UD Pulley from RPM Outlet. Eventually I will do both of these mods, but I'm undecided on which to do first.

Thanks for any help or advice,
kyle

• Sponsors (?)

No experince ...you call me ???

LOL J/k Well I have VERY little V6 experince unless you count the ones who finds them selves in my rear view mirror ;)

Anyways I will take a stab at this and see what happens :D Since you already have one part of the UD pullys I guess installing the rest would only make since and its pretty easy. Now on the other hand I really wonder how much HP you can get from bolt on items? I wondering if you port/polish the intake(s) if it would really work good with the polished TB? It may not give you a ton of HP but may boost your high RPMs? That is just my uneduacted guess :D

I'd just go the puley route right now, and wait till you can get both upper and lowering intakes done along with whatever else you want ported.

What's the big picture look like as far as what you want to do to your car?

If you plan to build the entire engine up, it might be more economical to just go ahead and get a short block and build it on the engine stand when you have everything you want, then swap the engines. Cheaper that way, and you can still drive the car in the mean time.