Possible free mod for '05??

jcayer

Jan 17, 2004
NoVa
I have been looking at picts and comparing to the original ponys... and the 05 concept seemed to do a better job at this. I was wondering, what others thought, about removing the lense covering the headlight?? like the originals had.. I am sure that doesn't help aero dynamics, but I think that it would look seriously good for it... go back and check out a concept shot and look at a shot of the headlights upclose on the production... I think that might be a "free mod" just like the old "remove the air silencer" or something of that nature.... what are your thougts??

• Sponsors (?)

jcayer said:
I have been looking at picts and comparing to the original ponys... and the 05 concept seemed to do a better job at this. I was wondering, what others thought, about removing the lense covering the headlight?? like the originals had.. I am sure that doesn't help aero dynamics, but I think that it would look seriously good for it... go back and check out a concept shot and look at a shot of the headlights upclose on the production... I think that might be a "free mod" just like the old "remove the air silencer" or something of that nature.... what are your thougts??

if the engine configuration remains the same my first 'free' mod will be to fab a cai raiss style...
attachment.php

Attachments

• raiss_installed_3_big.jpg
    raiss_installed_3_big.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 523
I was actually thinking one step further on the air intake anyway, was for an shaker hood option?? Functional/looks good... (too bad they cost so much.. last time I looked it was around 700ish from CDC) Does anyone else make a plastic scoop under the 700 point??

Do we even know enough about the engine and engine bay to start thinking about mods? I know a lot of you have seen it up close, but I think it would be hard to tell from just pics. BTW....I don't consider "show" mods "free" mods...."Free" mods are mainly performace related....imo.

Headlight Covers

jcayer said:

If not to toss the cover completely, I was wondering about taking the headlight apart to paint it, color match it to the rest of the car and if possible, not put the plastic cover back on. I am sure that if that is not possible the aftermarket industry is already working on a replacement.

jcayer said:

I haven't seen an '05 in person, but I'd be surprised if that was a sealed beam headlight behind a plastic cover. the whole thing is probably one piece that simulates the look of a sealed beam. If you pulled the cover off, the bulb would be exposed. This would also explain why ford didn't do the relector surround in body color.

I'll be in chicago next week. I'll let you know.

GelatiCruiser said:
...BTW....I don't consider "show" mods "free" mods...."Free" mods are mainly performace related....imo.

Sorry, I didn't realize that I was incorrectly refering to a mod. I always thought that a "mod" was short for modification, which would be the changing of something/anything... I didn't get the memo that it can only be used in reference to engines.... my bad :shrug: