Posting Issues

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Platonic Solid, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Platonic Solid

Platonic Solid Founding Member

This is probably something simple on my end, but when I attept to use the format icons: "B" , "I" , "U" , "Link" , etc ... at the top of the "Post reply" box, I get: "! Error on page" in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Is it just me or are there issues with the site? Maybe there's an IE security setting that I need to change?

Thanks
    Svend

2. 2nd Mustang

2nd Mustang Founding Member

Don't know anything about thatbut a few months ago, I tried to attach a picture,then a lot of my files became corrupted, then had to format my hard drive and reload all the softwareand lost a lot of pictures in the process!

3. Platonic Solid

OK, this blows! Apparently I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

(image: "head banging smiley", "mad smiley" and "I dunno smiley", since I can't insert them.)

I guess I'll have to do all my "vB Code" by hand. ~sigh~

4. oboebrian

oboebrian Founding Member

In the Gutter Gaurding the Closet Door against She
    I really don't know why it's doing that for just you. I'll bump it on upward in the 'chain of monkeys' and see if we get any recommendations on fixing the problem..

5. Platonic Solid

Thanks Brian. What's that saying: "given an infinate amount of time and a typerwriter, a hundred monkeys will eventually write . . . .".

The only clue I have is that the bar at the bottom of "Internet Explorer" never says "Done" when I'm in the "reply to post" page. It just sits there stuck on: "Opening page http://forums.stangnet.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4002474#...". If I click on any of the format buttons or smilies, it briefly states "Error On Page" with the exclamation point in the yellow triangle.

All the other pages work fine. ie: They state "Done" at the bottom of IE when the page is done loading.

6. Platonic Solid

Correction: Often the banner adds are blank and filled with statements like "Internal Server Error" and "action cancelled".

7. 2nd Mustang

2nd Mustang Founding Member

You're not the only one having trouble. I tried to upload a post yesterday and it started to do it, then stopped and didn't continue. The post never made it. I also have trouble inserting smileys and haven't tried uploading any pictures yet, I don't want to go through all the hassle of formatting and loading all my software again.