Pressing the Brake: Crunching Sound

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Adverse2Change, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Adverse2Change

Adverse2Change New Member

This has been an off again on again problem (more off than on thankfully). Sometimes whenever I press the brake in it will make a crunching noise. The noise itself seems to be originating from the pedal itself or behind it and not from the brakes, calipers, etc. Ford looked at it a few years ago and said it was nothing to worry about. I'm not worried about it, just annoyed. Any ideas as to what it may be?
  2. TMX

TMX New Member

Not a clue, but I know exactly what you're talking about. It sounds like it's right there in front of you in the engine or the pedal. I haven't looked into what it was, just kinda figured it had something to do with the pedal.
  3. V6muscle00

V6muscle00 New Member

i think i know what ur talking about too.. i get that at lights a lot of times it seems like it only happens when i come to a complete stop and then let go
  4. Adverse2Change

Adverse2Change New Member

Hehe, glad I'm not the only one... well sort of. It's just really weird defying all logic :p
  5. ganador01

ganador01 Founding Member

Yeah, we drive fords. Its just part of the system they designed i guess. I think we all know what u are talking about. I just never could figure it out myself either.
  6. V6muscle00

V6muscle00 New Member

yea i noticed it today in my sister's 99 cougar also and ford owns mercury so there u go.. same thing with egr valves my sister and i both had to replace them when we bought our cars:shrug: