Price for Tinting?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm getting mine done in 2 weeks at the same place I got my wifes car tinted.. 200$ for the job and I must say they did one hell of a quality job on her car. This is in NY though so prices always seem to be a drop higher here than most places.

Either way for 200$ I'd rather have a pro do it than be stuck outside busting my chops all day trying to get it on perfect and bubble free.

I dropped 230 on my tint job. It was a little pricey but it's a damn good job and it has a lifetime warranty. Anything ever happens to it even a few years down the road bring it right back. Just watch out for cops. My tint got me a $104 ticket...

gt_biker13 said:
Is it illegal to tint? Or was it just too dark?

The tint was too dark. I think 70% is legal on the side windows. It doesn't matter what is on the rear and back window though. I have 20% on the sides so I'm way under. I've only been stopped one time and I've driven past multiple cops since. I just think the guy was being a dick. I was doing 15 mph in football traffic when I was pulled over. I guess he had nothing better to do at the time

MissBlondie said:
It depends on where you are. In IL you can do the back 3 as dark as you want, but anything on the front 2 is illegal. Also, prices vary as to where you are. IL seems to be a bit higher too. Most all places around here are 200$-300$ range. I paid about 250$ for mine.

I don't know where you all go to get your tint work done, but around here everyone does it for around 100-125. 200+ is ridiculous!

man..yall paid alot...if you guys ever come down to honolulu, hawaii..visit my friend at Lee's wax and shine/tinting..i got mines done for a hundred...5% on the sides and 20 on the back...cant complain..gotta get away from the sun sometimes...