pro 5.0 from kona racing

Well, I got a pro 5.0 from Kona Racing last weekend. Kona racing makes steel shifter handles for pro 5.0s that look like tri-ax handles. Pretty sweet, I'll tell you what!

Brief summary:

Kona Racing-
* Seems to be a mom and pop/backyard shop-type of business. They make steel shifter handles for pro 5.0 that are apparently the same dimensions as the aluminum shifter handle from the tri-ax.

* It is anodized gold, like the pro 5.0 ring, and shifter level.

* They even make a Titanium handle!

* Excellent fit and finish.

* You can buy just the handle for $19.99

* Pro 5.0 w/ kona handle for $169.99 + s&h (Warning- Does NOT come with the "stock" Pro 5.0 lever)

*You pay with Paypal

*Site says 5-7 business days (or was it the email verification :scratch: ) I got it in exactly two weeks.

*Site shows shifter position in all 5 gears

I've only had it for a few days, so I can't give it my official thumbs up, But so far so good. I can reach it easily (Granted, I am only 5' 9" with a 6'4" spread), and don't come any where close to punching the dash when shifting to 3rd. No bends or breaks.

Installation and shifting quality has been covered by so many others, so I won't waste your time.

I don't know if any one else here has used kona before. I sorta feel like I "took one for the team". I WILL report any probs post haste.

Oh yeah, I don't know how the heck you post links, so just goto www.konaracing.com.

Peace, love, and third-gear scratches.

• Sponsors (?)