Public reaction?

Hey guys,
just curious for those with the new GTs..how is the reaction you get when you drive the car around town?? Any gawkers etc? I just took my 03 in to get my radio replaced under warranty and it was my first time to check out the new 05s on the lot. They had a lime green GT that was just absolutely gorgeous looking even in the pouring rain we had today! Im thinking I might upgrade to an 05 if they can match my current payments with my GT. Did any of you get any kinda good deals to trade in your old stangs on the new one? I'm hoping they wont pull any dealer tricks since it is a new release and all..they are selling them, but there seems to be no shortage at all the dealerships in my area. Anyhow any comments appreciated..and yes i'm holding out for a 5spd...all the 5 Gts on the lot were auto :(.

• Sponsors (?)

I get gawkers everywhere I go. It's funny seeing people stare. They almost wreck sometimes. I got really boned on my trade in, but I got the car for sticker. So it wasn't too bad. Good luck if you decide to buy one. You won't regret doing it.

I sold my 98 GT outright and got $8100 and was asking $8200! Dealer wanted to give me $6,000. I told them to go scratch and sold it to the first person who looked at it from the auto trader! :D

Aurora85 said:
Hey guys,
just curious for those with the new GTs..how is the reaction you get when you drive the car around town?? Any gawkers etc? I just took my 03 in to get my radio replaced under warranty and it was my first time to check out the new 05s on the lot. They had a lime green GT that was just absolutely gorgeous looking even in the pouring rain we had today! Im thinking I might upgrade to an 05 if they can match my current payments with my GT. Did any of you get any kinda good deals to trade in your old stangs on the new one? I'm hoping they wont pull any dealer tricks since it is a new release and all..they are selling them, but there seems to be no shortage at all the dealerships in my area. Anyhow any comments appreciated..and yes i'm holding out for a 5spd...all the 5 Gts on the lot were auto :(.

reaction

Well mine is not a GT it's a V6. Anyway, it's not quite as bad now as it was a month ago. But people still stare and come up to me to talk about it.
Actually have had a few people follow me to where I was going to just to get a better look. It's kind of nuts, I guess it be that way until more 05's get on the road.

Just bought a Torch Red GT two nights ago and, like the other guys who have posted, I have been getting a lot of looks. Have to say, it's pretty cool. However, it wasn't cool getting the stares from a couple of motorcycle chippies on the way to work this morning.

Overall, I like this car a lot. I have a MT and I'm glad I waited (I passed on the opportunity to buy an AT two months ago). Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have had my screamin yellow for about 2 days now, and I would say public reaction is akin to "Bill Gates Driving a Lamborghini." The really cool thing is that the Mustang is no Longer viewed as a cheap performance car for those who can't afford BMW's, but is actually respected and admired by all walks of life. :nice:

Aurora85 said:
Hey guys,

FIVE FRIGGIN GT's on the LOT :bang: When in San Diego its a four month wait and you can't even test drive one :bang: What's the deal, do all the GT's get stolen on their way to the West Coast? :shrug:

Happy holidays anyway, L.L.

05Scott said:
Just bought a Torch Red GT two nights ago and, like the other guys who have posted, I have been getting a lot of looks. Have to say, it's pretty cool. However, it wasn't cool getting the stares from a couple of motorcycle chippies on the way to work this morning.

Overall, I like this car a lot. I have a MT and I'm glad I waited (I passed on the opportunity to buy an AT two months ago). Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi:Which dealership in San Diego? Pay MSRP? Did you order or just get lucky? Thanks much L.L.

Losing Louie said:
Hi:Which dealership in San Diego? Pay MSRP? Did you order or just get lucky? Thanks much L.L.

Actually both.

I ordered a GT through Heller on Oct 30 and put down a $250 deposit. I was really bumming at the end of last week when I found out, through Ford Customer Service, that it was looking like the end of January or into February before the car was scheduled to come in (assuming there were no more delays).

Last Monday afternoon, I received a call from a guy at Mossy I had been talking with over the phone, telling me a torch red GT was available. I high tailed it over there and ended up purchasing it. The car was practically identical to what I had ordered, so I am a very happy camper celebrating Christmas with a Mustang in my garage.

I'm hoping Heller kicks me back my $250. I think they should considering how long Ford has taken to fill the order and that I was told late December when I ordered it, not late January/ early February. We'll see.

05Scott said:
Actually both.

I ordered a GT through Heller on Oct 30 and put down a $250 deposit. I was really bumming at the end of last week when I found out, through Ford Customer Service, that it was looking like the end of January or into February before the car was scheduled to come in (assuming there were no more delays).

Last Monday afternoon, I received a call from a guy at Mossy I had been talking with over the phone, telling me a torch red GT was available. I high tailed it over there and ended up purchasing it. The car was practically identical to what I had ordered, so I am a very happy camper celebrating Christmas with a Mustang in my garage.

I'm hoping Heller kicks me back my $250. I think they should considering how long Ford has taken to fill the order and that I was told late December when I ordered it, not late January/ early February. We'll see.
Thanks for the reply. I just wondered if you had an order in with Mossy whn they called you. I do, and they did NOT call me. Yes, I'm jealous. I need to talk to my guy. I had told them, only Windveil blue, so that me be it. But, as I wait, I am considering other colors now. Have a happy Christmas. Best, L.L.

Aurora85 said:
Hey guys,
YES, YOU GET GAWKERS ALL THE TIME. REALLY NICE TO GET THAT ATTENTION, UNLESS YOU'RE IN A HURRY. THE GOOD NEWS IS; ITS REAL EASY TO MAKE UP THAT LOST TIME...
FULL WINDOW TINT, 18"HELO SPARK WHEELS,
255/45 DUNLOP SP9000 ON THE FRONT,
285/40 DUNLOP SP9000 ON REAR,
STEEDA FRONT SPLITTER(MY NEW YEARS
WEEKEND PROJECT BEFORE IT GOES TO THE
PAINT SHOP FOR STRIPING)

P.S. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO CAN GET YOU ON THE X-PLAN, THAT TAKES THE LEVERAGE OUT OF THE DEALERSHIPS HANDS(ALSO SAVED ME APPROX. $1800 OFF OF STICKER ON MINE)