Pulling engine for the third time.... remove the A/C this time?

Remove the A/C or not?

• Yes

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I say keep it. I drive my car mostly when it's nice out, but even on a hot summer day when I feel like taking it to work, it gets hot sitting in the car very quickly. Moved to talk, btw. ;)

Ha ha evened it out like on the clubs site. You know me, mines going bye bye this winter as well.

Yeah, mine doesn't work GREAT... it kinda works on the highway. So unless something changes drastically, it'll be gone this winter too.:D I'll hang on to the pieces until fall, (just in case I change my mind) then start selling anything I can get a few bucks for.

Just grow some balls and get rid of it!

I used to be completely against it, but taking it out was on of the best decisions I have had with my car. SOOOO much more room. Plus my car kind of ran like crap and got hotter with it on anyways, so I always hated using it.

For me it really depends on how this job works out. Things are VERY shaky with the company staying afloat. So I'm a little afraid to pull the car apart right now. It's much easier to move in one piece. :(

But yeah, shooting for early spring myself. The delay will depend on how cranky I get. :D

I'm struggling with this right now too. Mines a nice weather only car, which is only may-october around here. The summer is pretty mild for the most part, and I only use AC in my car if its 95+ degrees and I am going somewhere that i dont want to sweat.

90% of the time I drive it is in the evening or a weekend afternoon.

I like mentioned would love the extra space, but it def does hurt resale though. I guess it couldnt be THAT hard to put it back on.

For you guys that did get rid of it, what did you do with the line that goes into the firewall? Did you just hack it off, or is there some other way to do it right so everything comes off with no hacking?

Well, it's off the car. I had a REALLY tough time on those connectors like the fuel lines have. I used two different style tools on them, and then still had to soak them in penetrating oil. But it all came off smoothly. Now I just need to cap the tubes at the firewall. Also, what's up with the bolt for the compressor bracket? I removed the cap/nut and it's a 3" bolt coming through the firewall that appears to be in plastic on the other side. What did you guys do with this?

Oh, and my radiator is going to love me now. The condenser had overspray on it (paint) and was pretty beat up with bugs. The compressor and pump still look new though.

I forgot... no hacking. Once you get the connectors loose... it just unbolts and comes out. :nice: