Question about a 1971 Mach 1?

timwcol2

May 4, 2006
OK
I found a 71 mach 1 w/ a 351. The guy says it is a Spirit of America Edition. He said the were painted red, white and blue from the factory and limited to 5000. Anyone heard of these? it dosent run and i can get it really cheap if i can get there when his wife aint there.

• Sponsors (?)

1972 Sprint "USA"

The 1972 'Sprint USA' trimmed inside and out with red, white, & blue" with a special decal on the rear quarter panels. Standard features included dual sport mirrors, hub caps with trim rings, whitewalls, and large 'USA' decals on the quarter panels....except for cars sold in Canada, where "Maple Leaf" decals & Canadian colors were applied. For Mustangs, only the coupe and sportsroof models were eligible. Although there were 50 Sprint convertibles produced. As in 1968, the packaged equipment was different for 6-cylinder and eligible V-8s. But this was an upgrade over and above engine cost, so a Mustang "B" package cost about $ 350 - more than double the cost of package "A". For the additional cost, a buyer received a set of Magnum 500s, F60 x 15" RWL tires, and the competition suspension. The Sprint package was also available on the Maverick and Pinto as well.

72sprint.jpg

http://www.mustangspecs.com/specialty/sprint.shtml

Attachments

• 72sprint.jpg
    72sprint.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 96
timwcol2 said:
link dosent work..the guy lives out in the boonies and probably dont know much about cars. he quoted me $200 till his wife heard then said $900. what he paid for it. needs alot of work..can probably get it for $500-$600..if the wife aint there..

capt dan supplied a pic to the 72 sprint, same pic i was trying to link to. don't know why the link didn't copy, sorry.