question about big brakes and winter driving

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by VIPERn94Five-0, Jul 10, 2003.

1. ok....once i install my manifold, MAF, pulleys(when they get here), and headers(finally) ill be looking to do a few things to other areas of the car....like springs, and shocks/struts, maybe some big ole brakes....now being in NY it snows...and the stang does see some winter action....so i swap the R's off for the waffles in the winter....now if i go with some big 13 inch brembos/baer/stoptech/cobra or whatevers....the waffles wont fit correct? cuz ill need a 17 inch wheel....so whats my best bet?? try and find a set of stock Cobra wheels??? or tribars? or newer 17 inch gt wheels??

2. Depends on what you want, but no, the waffles won't fit over 13" brakes. I'd just keep my eye open for a deal and pick up some GT or Cobra wheels.

Enough people knew I was looking for spare 17"s and eventually another SN'er gave me a SMOKING deal on a set of 99 GT wheels (as in I could easily sell them for triple what the wheels AND shipping cost).

3. i picked up a set of crappy 94 tribars(17x8) for like 150 a few years back. just look in stangnet classified.