Question on Headlamp?

bigred0383

Oct 27, 2003
Chicago
I was searching for new pictures of the Mustang unveiling when I came across this one:

http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/05/MSN-NAIAS-GT.jpg

However after futher inspection something caught my eye. Look behing the plastic covering of the driver's side headlamp on the side closest to the engine bay. Are those two vertical slots for ventilation? Would that keep the platic covering from fogging up/building up condensation (as you commonly see in the taillamp covers of older (early and mid '90s) Cadillac SLS and STS)? I mean I think they look cool, but I wanted to know if they served a purpose too? Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

There are retro looking gills next to each headlight. But I am not sure if they are functional vents which prevents the inside of the clear plastic lenses from fogging up.

I too was thinking about the fogging problems that would occur from the clear plastic headlight covers. I think that Ford should not even have clear plastic headligh covers on the headlights. They don't serve any purpose and will do nothing except cause moisture and fogging inside the clear plastic lenses.

I don't think the covers should be there also. I mean, I don't think the classics had them, did they? hope an aftermarket company comes up with a kit to tak em out and get rid of those vents or whatever and clean it alll up