Roush QUESTIONS ABOUT SALEEN!

dwightboy69o

Aug 13, 2009
I have a 1988 Mustang GT Hatchback,5 spd. I REALLY REALLY like saleen mustangs and I was just wondering what is the difference between a regular mustang like mine and a saleen?....other then the rims and body kit, are there any engine mods?. ALSO, IF there is no other difference, can i just install the rims and body kit and call it a saleen?...or would that be frowned upon:(????

• Sponsors (?)

The engines in 88 were stock Ford. The suspension was intensely upgraded with springs, struts, shocks, bushings and more. The interior got completely redone on most cars with Flofit seats and matching door panels, a Momo steering wheel and a different shift knob. It also got a Hurst shifter.

Saleen ground effects won't fit on a GT. 99.9% of Fox body Saleens were built on LX cars. The front and rear pieces are attached to the stock LX bumpers and won't work on a GT. If you were to change your bumpers to LX, your body side mouldings would no longer line up with the bumper covers and you'd have to change your tail pipes as well.

DAMN...that sucks....thanks alot for the quickness of the response though!...I have another question..I want to install a top end kit that includes gt-40x heads, an E303 cam, and a cobra intake...but a want to replace the intake with a BBK one.....will it fit and is it a good combination?

Do some browsing here and on the Corral in the 5.0 tech sections. The BBK unit gets very mixed reviews. If you click on the "my mods list" link in my sig, you'll see that I have a very similar setup on one of my cars. 276 rwhp and 316 rwt.