Questions about the 2011/12 Spoiler

ok so I'm talking to a couple of dealerships about getting a new 5.0 and with any luck, will have ordered one by this weekend. (going to test drive one tomorrow but no one has one built how I want mine to be configured)

But one of my options I think I want is the deck lid spoiler. I like it more than the stock GT spoiler but my thing is though, I kinda like the GT500 spoiler as well.

It's cleaner and I was always a big fan of the lower swept back look vs the deck lid spoiler.

My question though is for those who have installed the GT500 spoiler on your 5.0, will it install correctly (as in no extra drilling and no extra holes left over) if I get the deck lid spoiler from the factory?

Or if I plan on getting the GT500 spoiler in the future, should I just get the standard spoiler? If I had a choice, I'm leaning towards the GT500 spoiler and the extra $$ I'd spend on the deck lid spoiler ($335) would hopefully pay for most, if not all, of the GT500 spoiler (though I can't seem to find it anywhere for sale online)

Anyone have an idea about this?

this new stang has been a LOOONG time coming and I don't want to do anything ghetto or half assed here.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe you need to make sure the car has the standard little spoiler on it to be able to install the GT500 spoiler. The 4 post bigger spoiler will leave holes exposed even after installing the GT500. Removing the standard is easy and the GT500 will bolt right up in the holes with no "extras" showing. Hope this helps. :nice: