Racecraft Suspension, whats it worth?

Drift5.0

Aug 20, 2006
I am planning on buying a 1990 5.0 mustang. The seller is the 2nd owner of the car. The seller was told that it had Racecraft suspension. What would I look for to make sure it has everything? How much would this be worth on a 1990 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

Look for an antiroll bar or aftermarket sway bars, aftermarket uppercontrol arms, aftermarket lower control arms, maybe subframes, one of them have to say racecraft on it, and if not but its still aftermarket its still good, and if its stock then he lied to you.

If its like a full suspension kit itll probably be worth somewhere around a grand.

It depends on what "Racecraft" suspension they have on the car. Saleen makes Racecraft, but so does "Wolfe Racecraft Suspension". If it's Saleen stuff... they didn't (to my knowledge) put control arms on it. The mods really included a different front sway bar, springs (I believe 91+ had progressive rate and before that had specific), chassis bracing (subframes, strut tower, g load brace), and Monroe supplied the shocks and struts.

Mine handles very well. It has the whole Saleen kit on it, but it also has an add on adjustable rear swaybar which is not Saleen (dunno what brand). It's def fun on the twisties... and it sits, I think, perfect. Only complaint is it does ride quite stiff, but who cares :)

View attachment 446848

View attachment 446850

Nick

The car I am looking at is about 1-1.5in lower than yours. The wheels are almost tucked in the wheel well. I am going to take it to a shop soon and have them check for what work is done.