racing stripes question

drtc

Jan 2, 2005
lanham,md
i am thinking about getting racing stripes. I want to get them painted. it's $500, but im debating on getting the stickers. Can anyone give me any suggestions? kevins05, what kind of stripes do you have on your car?

• Sponsors (?)

hardly any are painted anymore, and painted means permanent (unless new paint job) and the new stick on ones don't harm the paint (or so i've heard) i also want to get stripes but i'm thinking somthing more mach1 style with big stripe down middle, whole car, but not to where it curves like a mach1.

drtc said:
i am thinking about getting racing stripes. I want to get them painted. it's $500, but im debating on getting the stickers. Can anyone give me any suggestions? kevins05, what kind of stripes do you have on your car?
sorry I've had a hard time loggin on lately!
My stripes are vinyl and I paid 159 for them through autotrimdesign, had them installed by a guy down here in Royal Palm Beach for shoot I think 175.
They turned out really nice I am very stoked with them!
Just make sure you dont try to install them yourself! I failed miserably at that! At least I only messed up a little spot! and autotrimdesign sent me a new piece for a couple of bucks! They have awesome customer service!!!
(even though they do sell those hella-lame louver stickers)

$500 for getting them painted is pretty cheap. From the quote I got, $1500 from my dealer and some of the quotes others are getting (around $1800), getting them painted on would be a good deal.

I said the same thing about the price but this was directly from the bodyshop at the dealership down the street from me. I still dont know if want the stripes yet.

Hey guys!!
I purchased the my racing stripes from Graphic Express - the same place as Kevin. I went with them because they are a 3M product and looked better than some of the others I've seen. I found a NOPI shop in Atlanta that will install them for $100 - not bad.

ZenGirl35 said:
Sorry, Kevin! I ended up taking your advice and ordering samples from a couple of places and ended up going with the Graphic Express dark charcoal metallic stripes.

thats great!!!! I forgot why I didnt use Graphics Express, they arent too far from me, about a three hour drive, they are in Tampa, right?

those are going to look great on your ride!!!

Yes, they are near Tampa (Inverness) and I decided to go with them because one of the sample colors was exactly what I wanted to go with the Satin Silver on my 05 girlie.

PS - Got this email today from my dealership:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:00 AM
To: Bassett, Shannon
Subject: RE: PS

It looks like your mustang has been produced and has an estimated delivery
date of May 4th. Any number of things can delay/accelerate transit times.

-Rob

:banana: :flag: :lol: