radial and bias ply

54deuce

Jun 1, 2009
This may be a dumb question but if you have radials on the front of your car and you ran bias ply dot slicks on the back is that ok to do? Any problems? Can this be used on the street or is the car going to act weird because of the 2 differant tires on it?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed.

Unless you have a purpose for running the mix-matched set, try not to. Running Radials in the front and Bias Plys in the rear is not as bad as doing the opposite- i.e. bias plys on the steer axle with radials pushing it, will seem like the front end is on ice. Radials conform to the uneven roadway so much better than a bias ply will. But if you're just hot doggin to the track and back, as long as you can handle a loose rear, you should be fine.

Not a big deal

The main concern of mixing would be mixing of the two types on the same axle. With the soft sidewall of slicks its going to feel different anyway, and its not like your gonna go slicing through a road course anyway.

The main concern of mixing would be mixing of the two types on the same axle. With the soft sidewall of slicks its going to feel different anyway, and its not like your gonna go slicing through a road course anyway.

Same axle is what I thought too. The radials are cheap for the front 120 for the pair compared to 120 each for mt front runners. I was going to run drag radials but I may want to go with slicks so I just wanted to see everyones experiance with it. Thanks for the reply.