radiator

meltmanbob

Dec 18, 2002
san diego CA
hey guys my radiator is shot so i'm wondering what i should replace it with. summit has stock replacements for $80 but i wanted to know if i should get a larger radiator or if there are any special considerations on radiator choice for a turbo set up. the turbo swap is still a long ways off but if i can save myself from having to re-spend then i would like to do that. also i was told that it's a really good idea to change the water pump because if that goes out then i could end up with a whole lot of problems.

so suggestions on radiator selection, places to buy and the same for a water pump would be appreciated.

on a side note for anyone who read my other thread, the tbird axle is on the mustang, still need to swap the master cylinder but so far so good.

• Sponsors (?)

You don't really need a bigger radiator as the stock one is the same size as what the 5.0's used.

I put a Cobra-replica 3-core into my car and it doesn't really do any different than it did before. Still runs at about the same temp when you're moving and still heats up bad when you're moving slow, even if the fans are running.

ok cool. summit quoted me 95 for a stock replacement or 150 for a universal of similar dimensions but it is all aluminum where as the stock one has plastic end caps. he said the life out of the stock one is around 7 years but the all aluminum is the lifetime of the vehicle.

he said both are 2 core with the inner tubing being about 2 times the size as the factory one so i think i'll go with that. on a side note he also quoted me about 110 for a pair of KYB struts which seems like a deal. they are non adjustable but i'm hoping that will stop my car's front end from bouncing around as much.