Real story

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
I renewed my driver's license a couple of weeks ago at the DMV. While waiting for my name to be called a man came up to me and asked if I could help him find an English version of the drivers handbook, I guess to prepare for the written test. We looked at the shelf where all the pamphlets were stacked up and couldn't find any English versions, just about every other language but English!

• Sponsors (?)

If that happened anyplace else, I'd be shocked, but in California it doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Wanna hear another shocker? One of my buddies' girlfriends worked for the post office. When she made her deliveries in one of the run-down 'hoods, she was mobbed by Laotian ILLEGAL aliens, who always asked, "you got welfare check, yet?" This state is so far out of whack, it's not even funny... :nonono:

zookeeper said:
If that happened anyplace else, I'd be shocked, but in California it doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Wanna hear another shocker? One of my buddies' girlfriends worked for the post office. When she made her deliveries in one of the run-down 'hoods, she was mobbed by Laotian ILLEGAL aliens, who always asked, "you got welfare check, yet?" This state is so far out of whack, it's not even funny... :nonono:

I worked in the San Gabriel Valley for over 20 years and saw it everyday. Multiple families living in large million dollar houses that are popping up everywhere, even in less desirable neighborhoods. I know my grandparents couldn't live like that when they first immigrated to the United States.