Rear Control Arms.

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
Well i got the tc motor swapped in, and it seems to be running just fine, thanks for all of your guys help in that. Its currently turboless due to a bad oil seal, but i hope to have that resolved soon. That means i get to move on to the Next Project, Which is the installation of the 8.8" Turbocoupe rearend. Since i am doing all the work to change it i figured it might as well do some control arms as well, What doe you guys reccomend? The MAC's are inexpensive and look decent, but i dont want to go too cheap and end up with something that is inferior. I would like to do both uppers and lowers, but i am open to suggestions. I gotta pay for a new turbo first so this isnt an instant thing, i just wanted to start shopping around and get some opinons. What do you guys think?

Its waiting Patiently..
DSC01352.jpg

Dr.

Attachments

• DSC01352.jpg
    DSC01352.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Sponsors (?)

The best choice for control arms depends on what you're going to do with the car. If you like ripping out torque boxes while having a skitterish and unpredictable car, get upper and lower control arms with all polyurethane bushing.
If you want something for better handling with reduced axle wrap (and less wheel hop), get a lower control arm with a spherical bearing in one end and polyurethane in the other end. This is the style that MM makes. I noticed that certain Pro3i lower arms have this combination of bushings.
For upper control arms, you are best with the stockers. The softer bushing keeps you from tearing out the torque boxes.
If you want a drag racing setup, you'll have to ask someone else.

My buddy just put Granatelli adjustable lowers on his SVO, and they stiffened the handling quite a bit. He got the ones with the adjustable spring perch, and they seem to have leveled out the minor Fox lean the car had. :nice:

Brian

In MM&FF they used a set of Ford Racing upper arms and a set of MM lowers, it seemed to be a good combo. That with a good set of shocks I would say you would be set.

Dan