Rear Speaker Removal Question(s)

Scho54

Founding Member
Mar 30, 2002
Alabama
A do i need to try to remove the plug to the speakers or just cut the wires?
B ive already taken off the headrest part and the cardbord part, i read an article saying to remove 6 bolts and let the sound board fall, would it be just as easy to go get a small screw driver and see if i can unscrew the screws mounting the speakers in?(another thing i only see 4 bolts where are the other two?!?)

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same car as you and here is what you have to do if you want to do it the right way. Which I suggest you do.

Remove the bottom of the back seat, If you lift it up alil bit you can see on both sides a black square push that in with the tip of a screw driver then the seat will pop right out.

Next is the headrest 3 screws right across the top that comes right off. Then the back of the seat 2 10 mm bolts on the bottom and 2 on the top.

Then you can do 2 things try to pull the rear deck straight out alil tight or remove one side of pilars. remove the seat belt bolt and the coat hanger screw. then just pull it will unclip. then the back deck comes right off. i recomend not cutting the speaker wires to the speaker go to best buy and get regular ford speaker adapters they will clip right into the stock.

Anything else let me know

o whoops did see how far you got the black sound crap piece is stupid in my opion. Hangs in the trunk so low and just looks stupid but yes you could just pop the new speakers right in or drop that piece throw it out and just screw the new speakers in the reaar deck. the screws in that thing and def hidden. just sit in the trunk and look they are up there