Rear window louvers

I know some will like, and some will dislike. But I've been looking at rear window louvers for my stang. Ebay has the plastic ones for $239 to $269. And the aluminum ones for $491 shipped. I wanted aluminum but I thought $500 to much to spend. So I looked on Amazon.com and I found the aluminum louvers for $339 shipped. Cool deal!
Some day I'll get around to posting some pics of my car!

• Sponsors (?)

The difference in the price is those have to be removed to clean the glass whereas MRT louvers are hinged and come with a prop rod. I have also read that the astra Hammonds are not well packed or painted and are often missing hardware, but you saved a couple hundred unless you have to pay return shipping or have them painted.

The difference in the price is those have to be removed to clean the glass whereas MRT louvers are hinged and come with a prop rod. I have also read that the astra Hammonds are not well packed or painted and are often missing hardware, but you saved a couple hundred unless you have to pay return shipping or have them painted.

Yea, I would have liked to have it hinged, but its only two MORE screws to remove. And like you said. its a few hundred $$$$$ more.
I got it just before the holiday. My initial opinion is the quality looks pretty good. Paint seams even and complete. I set it on the back window and I like the look. It really goes well with my black back panel and the black trim around the bottom of car. It looks really cool from the inside.
I'l get it mounted on a warmer day. they say 60 deg. And im getting the side windows tinted prob 20%. should look realy nice!:D