Reset Shaker 500?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by visual0ne, Jul 22, 2006.

1. visual0ne

visual0ne New Member

I recently installed Ford's Trip Tunes. While doing so I unplugged my Shaker 500. Now I have plugged it back up and it won't power on. I called the local dealer and he says it has to be hooked up to a computer to reset it, and that it will cost $75. Is there any way around this? Can anyone please help? I have no tunes at all in my brand new car, and no money for a dealer reset.
  2. Jimp

Jimp New Member

Why would that cost you money? It's still under warrantee. I think they are trying to rip you off.
  3. visual0ne

visual0ne New Member

I don't know if it would be covered by the Warranty or not since I installed the part myself. The part clearly says dealer install highly recommended.
  4. stanmckinney

stanmckinney Active Member

If you installed the part, you caused the problem. And you get to pay to correct it. That's why I usually let my dealer install such stuff. That way they are responsible.
  5. paland

paland New Member

You might want to buy a device that reads the OBD-II computer. There are several different kinds and the cost varies. I bought one that hooks up to my laptop. Then I can see over 120 different settings and see how the car is running. I havent looked to see if the Shaker setting is in there, but I will look the next time I hook it up.
  6. visual0ne

visual0ne New Member

Keep me posted on if it reads the Shaker. If so, let me know what kind of device you are using, what its called and where you got it, ect... I did however get it seviced today and they got it powering on but it won't pick up radio stations. Anyone know anything about this or had this problem too?
  7. paland

paland New Member

I bought the Pro Scan from this site: http://www.myscantool.com/ and I got the one that reads all 4 types since I want to read the other cars. Mine cost $160 or so. but if you only want the Ford one, it cost $129 I think.