Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

95steedamustang Very nice work so far man, I see you live in East, TN and are doing alot of your shopping at the mustang place in Dandridge, TN. I have bought so much stuff from that guy, if there is anything you ever need they deff have it as far as take off OEM parts. I havent read every single post but very very nice job and great to see someone next to my old homeplace taking their time and building a nice stang. Are you using the shop up on the hill beside the Mustang Salvage place? It looks just like the inside of that garage......

Great job again and I will deff be following from here on out :nice:

^^^Thanks man, I know the shop. but no...I'm not there. I'm and hour south of the old Mustang salvage place. Brad is a good guy to know and to buy from. He also has quiet an extensive Mustang collection. Thanks again for following.

I thought I would go ahead and post some update seat progress pics. The seats are close. These may be one of the biggest improvements on this car v. my old one. I never like the cheap Summitt seats I had in it. These are 10x better IMHO.
Untitled-10.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 174
I've been watching your thread for probably close to a year now (maybe a bit short). But I've been curious about the interior, what do you plan to do with it?

I couldn't imagine which direction you would possibly take it as a show car. Obviously asking about the interior and getting an answer will happen quicker than seeing the end result:p

Incredible! I've been off and on this site for the past few years and just saw this thread today. Four hours well spent! I wish I could undertake a similar rebuild with my '95 Cobra, but that'll have to wait until get back stateside—that'll be a while. I really like how you have lined everything up perfectly. I spent a lot of money on a new paint job and body work about a year and a half before I came out here, but they didn't do as good of a job on the lines. And I always had to drive to their shop and light a fire under them so they wouldn't keep slacking on it and just let it sit. I'm rambling now. I have some questions concerning the hiding of your wires. Did you need to extend any harnesses? How much of the wiring did you remove (A/C, etc). I assume from the pictures that you also did a heater delete?

Anyway, excellent build, especially considering your incredible backstory. I look forward to seeing the finished product! Take care.

I've been watching your thread for probably close to a year now (maybe a bit short). But I've been curious about the interior, what do you plan to do with it?

I couldn't imagine which direction you would possibly take it as a show car. Obviously asking about the interior and getting an answer will happen quicker than seeing the end result:p
Thanks man...I plan to do the Recaros and some subtle painted touches. This isn't going to be a show car. It will be much nicer and never hit the car show scene.
@ 02 S281 GT
Thanks for taking the 4 hours to check out my build...good to know it didn't bore you to death.Yes, I had to extend about 10 different pins and harnesses. I did remove a lot of wiring and vac hoses I wouldn't be using...mainly emission junk.
Thanks again for all the kind words. Let me know if you run into any problems with your wire hide.

Thought I would update the thread...Time has been an issue for me. A lot of balls in the air right now. The seats are starting to take shape. I used pins for the Logos instead of embroidery. Looks more like the classic style to me.
Planning to run on the test stand at the end of the month, so we'll see how that goes.
79PaceCarRecaros26.jpg

Attachments

• 79PaceCarRecaros26.jpg
    79PaceCarRecaros26.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 137
The Gt sitting beside it was an 88 that I had owned for 14 years. First car I rebuilt and repainted. This is the most recent pic I had if it before the fire. I got it when I was 17.
1988MustangGT419.jpg

This was the last pic of the Gt when we hauled it to the crusher.
Oldhouse69.jpg
hey can you tell me what the paint code/color on the '88?
The Gt sitting beside it was an 88 that I had owned for 14 years. First car I rebuilt and repainted. This is the most recent pic I had if it before the fire. I got it when I was 17.
1988MustangGT419.jpg

This was the last pic of the Gt when we hauled it to the crusher.
Oldhouse69.jpg

Attachments

• 1988MustangGT419.jpg
    1988MustangGT419.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Oldhouse69.jpg
    Oldhouse69.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 1988MustangGT419.jpg
    1988MustangGT419.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Oldhouse69.jpg
    Oldhouse69.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 203
Recaro seats are finished. One more item to check off the to do list. Actually found new knobs in the factory package in the UK.
DSCN0998.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0998.jpg
    DSCN0998.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN1003.jpg
    DSCN1003.jpg