RMS Seal Inspection

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
Alright guys I had noticed during this past summer that I was getting a little oil drip coming from either the rear main seal or the pan gasket. I inspected everything else on the back end of the motor the best I could with it in the car but finally just said screw it lets pull it and inspect. So here are 2 pic's of my rear main seal. It still looks pretty new and I am kind of leaning towards the crappy 3 peice pan gasket I had on it. (I have purchased Milodon 1 peice pan gasket that summit says will fit my stock pan and some ARP pan bolts because the ones that are on their are incorrect imo.)

rms1.jpg

and another shot of it

rms2.jpg

How do we inspect the RMS and the Pan gasket's further? Thanks in advance for any help :]

Also I will most likely be replacing the RMS because the motors out anyways how is this one by Mr Gasket

• Sponsors (?)

You know what just dawned on me .. I do not believe I even used any lock tight on the fly wheel bolts! I really am starting to think it was blowing past the threads on the bolts .. :stupid: :nonono: :rlaugh: I will replace the rear main seal just for good measures as well can anyone suggest any gaskets or should I just use another Mr Gasket Model number 30 on this puppy.