Rockers

I figured since I am already blowing all my money I might as well spend some more. :rolleyes: I am keeping stock heads and cam so I figured I would throw in some different rockers to juice up the (cam) one that is in it now. What are some good ones and what kind of money am I looking at? Thanks a lot guys!

• Sponsors (?)

swingline said:
I was looking at the Scorpions. Do I need 3/8" or 7/16"? Is this the next-best-thing to putting in a new cam?

You are going to need pedestal mount rockers, not stud mount. Stock heads are pedestal mount. If I were you, I'd just pick up some 1.7 Cobra Crane Roller Rockers. I see them in the corral classifieds all the time.

Jake

hate to ask a kinda "on-topic/off-topic" question, but, how can you convert a pedestal mount head to a stud mount head?? ie: I've seen stock heads that have stud mount rockers, so, is that a kit, or is that expensive machining??? tx

All I have are pulleys and exhaust. I am getting/ordering this week: a cheap CAI, TrickFlow Street Heat upper/lower intake, new ignition package from PerformanceDistributors, FRPP 3.73 gears and alum. driveshaft, 255lph fuel pump and pressure reg from MaximumMotorSports.

I think that is it. I am going to keep the stock heads and cam. I thought getting the new rockers would liven the stock cam up a bit. I could definantley use that $200 spent on rockers somewhere else though.

Unless someone gives me a set of AFR's, yes. I am not going to keep putting money into this car. The above mods are all that I have left to do. When my friend gets back from school I am going to have a car built so I can use the extra money there and keep this Mustang as a daily driver, if weather permits.