Rotor removal help

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by wakeboardan, Dec 12, 2003.

1. wakeboardan

wakeboardan Founding Member

Trying to remove rotors to take to machine shop, but I can't seem to get the caliper anchor bolts off for the life of me! Anyone else have trouble getting them out? Seems like taking 2 bolts off should be a piece of cake, but it sure isn't working out that way :notnice:
  2. 2nd childhood

2nd childhood New Member

I would spray liberally with PB Blaster and let it work for a while. Then, there's nothing better than air tools, but if you don't have, a 6 point socket and a big breaker bar should do it for you.
  3. Matts01cobra

Matts01cobra New Member

If you have access to a tourch throw some heat on it. That will normally bring those stubborn bolts to submission.
  4. wakeboardan

wakeboardan Founding Member

Alright finally got them off, missing all 10 knuckles but thats ok. Now, for whatever reason, the caliper wont lift itself off of the rotor. I am following a Haynes manual, but its sort of vague in a few spots. The lines are still hooked up, do those HAVE to be disconncted to lift the caliper off? All im doin is replacing pads and getting rotors machined
  5. 94CobraPace

94CobraPace Founding Member

If the rotors are worn the can be a lip on the rotor that is holding the caliper on. Use a screw driver to open up the caliper some to gain more room to remove the caliper.