Roush Saleen Show Irvine pics

dotbomb

Jul 10, 2006
OC California
Large turnout yesterday and nice weather. Was great putting more faces to the names around here too.

197 cars in attendance with 34 2005-2006 coupes alone. There were about 3-4 verts.

Here are the few pictures I took. I'm sure some others will have more to contribute.

05_01.jpg

05_02.jpg

640_01a.jpg

640_05.jpg

640_01.jpg

640_03.jpg

640_04.jpg

fordGT_01.jpg

PJ made a suprise visit to the show and he drove this car around the lot to the back.

pj_01.jpg

s7_01.jpg

s7_02.jpg

s7_03.jpg

There was also a red S7 but it was in total shadow when I was taking pictures. It has a massive wing on the back and according to 'some guy' I talked with today at another show that's the fastest S7 produced and that wing is $38k alone.

truck01.jpg

shelby01.jpg

I then stopped by the Santa Margarita Ford show today. They had 1-2 Shelby GT350's, 2 Shelby GT500's and a new grabber orange vert GT500.

gt500_01.jpg

gt500_02.jpg

Also, as I was leaving the Santa Margarita show 2 brand new 2007 S281 SC's pulled up. One was grabber orange with the brand new 5 spoke wheels. The wheels look great but that color does nothing for me. I was not able to get a lot of pictures though since my son had enough of cars already.

Oh, and it is official 2007 S281SC are being produced with 465 HP and the 475 HP kit that is available voids your warranty... genious. You'd think they'd sync those offerings up to sell more kits by being able to retain warranties. Perhaps one day.

Now that Robert has driven my car maybe I'll stop getting razzed about it :D

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't that 640hp car surface here a while back in pics, and everyone said it was fake? Is it fake indeed?

You'd think they would crank the power up for the newer cars to compete with the shelbys.

dotbomb said:
Now that Robert has driven my car maybe I'll stop getting razzed about it :D

....nah, now I'll raze you for not posting a picture of my speedster from the show!!!:p However, you did get a shot of my future #01 S331 truck posted, so I guess I'll have to let it slide.....:D

truck01.jpg

2000xp8 said:
Didn't that 640hp car surface here a while back in pics, and everyone said it was fake? Is it fake indeed?

You'd think they would crank the power up for the newer cars to compete with the shelbys.

.....we didn't say it was a fake Saleen, we came to the conclusion that it was a 3 valve Saleen but not an E car. I can gurantee it doesn't have 640 hp.....:nono:

s351rspeedster said:
.....we didn't say it was a fake Saleen, we came to the conclusion that it was a 3 valve Saleen but not an E car. I can gurantee it doesn't have 640 hp.....:nono:

BUT it has been "Galpinized" according to the sticker in the window!

Oh and Robert you should have come to Santa Margarita Ford today. They had your truck there wide open, all 4 doors. I have pics of that too. Have you sat in the truck? A guy jumped in while I was taking pictures.

But yeah, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't take any pics of any Saleens yesterday other than my model type. I figured others were covering that.

Oh also...

They had the PJ car wide open at Santa Margarita. The detail on the seats is very nice. I ran out of time with my son along or I would have taken more pictures today.

Regarding that 640 car, I didn't see if he ever popped the hood. It definately sounded interesting when he parked it though. It got everyone's attention but I have not heard a true E car's sound to compare what the twin screw sounds like at high boost. The owner also claimed he has nitrous, methane, and something else (didn't catch it). Those are allegedly controlled via the three switches in his console.

What was really fun was everyone around me was like "Wow that's the Extreme huh?" It was amusing to correct them by telling them it was an aftermarket job on what looked like a 3valve :D

I met one guy who really over extended himself to get a 3valve and the gal that had the 1 true Extreme there had owned it a whole week and was pissed the 640 car was stealing her thunder.

Then there was the beryllium ebay car that made a brief appearance yesterday... :rlaugh:

dotbomb said:
Here's a link to pictures from Mustangworld.com

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/saleenshow06/index.htm

They got a picture of your car Robert

DSCN1141_JPG.jpg

.....that's what I get for not even cleaning the rims off :p
As you can see, I wasn't trying real hard to win any awards. I was there to hang out with all the gang!! I had a blast even though the damn black cars took home all the awards....Maybe I should spray paint my car a new color to get more attention!!! I think the row of white verts really hurt my chances, that and my detail job :rlaugh:

Attachments

• DSCN1141_JPG.jpg
    DSCN1141_JPG.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 54
dotbomb said:
BUT it has been "Galpinized" according to the sticker in the window!

Oh and Robert you should have come to Santa Margarita Ford today. They had your truck there wide open, all 4 doors. I have pics of that too. Have you sat in the truck? A guy jumped in while I was taking pictures.

But yeah, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't take any pics of any Saleens yesterday other than my model type. I figured others were covering that.

....Jeff,
I actually took a break from working on the house to swing by the show today at RSM Ford!! I got to the show around 1:15 and left right when they started the awards around 2ish...I sat in both the PJ car and my future truck. I liked the fact that the dash console plaque reads 06-0001 and the engine bay plaque reads 07-0001 in the truck!! What's up with that :shrug: Its going to be just like our XP8, which is 98-0001 built on a 96 chasis, the truck will be 07-0001 built on a 06 chasis!!

oh yeah, updated Saleen Museum shot:
attachment.php

Jeff!

If you let Robert drive your car I hope you drove his. I should have let Robert borrow some windex and a paper towel since that's all I brought with me.

Nice finally putting a face with the "dotbomb". I hope all of us old guys with rusty mustangs didn't raz you too much about owning a new one. We are just jealous. Like I said, I'll probably join you sometime soon with a new bodystyle car.

marcus95 said:
Jeff!

If you let Robert drive your car I hope you drove his. I should have let Robert borrow some windex and a paper towel since that's all I brought with me.

Nice finally putting a face with the "dotbomb". I hope all of us old guys with rusty mustangs didn't raz you too much about owning a new one. We are just jealous. Like I said, I'll probably join you sometime soon with a new bodystyle car.

.....the offer is on the table for Jeff to drive the speedster whenver he wants. I would prefer he drives it before I replace the bad clutch because you know what happens when some one drives ANY s351 under full strength!!!! He'll get the bug and want to sell that mod motor thing for a good old pushrod :nice: It never fails!! Just ask Eddie, Todd, Tony or any one of the Mark's!!!! :p

Yeah I would have driven Robert's car but my preggo wife was jonesin' for her pizza and was completely pooped out after a long day home alone potty training our boy. Go figure.

I'll drive it next time though for sure. I'm not going to say I won't be a convert but it is doubtful given the fact I would need a bigger garage.

Glad you made you way down to the RSM show Robert since that was the first time I've seen those cars open.

edit: The ribbing was all in good fun and helps pass the time but now I know Robert is impressed with the car regardless of the trash talk :D

What I find funny is out of the sea of 2005+ cars they actually photographed my car too

DSCN0996_JPG.jpg

At least my wheels are clean!

That museum is pretty full. How much do you charge Marcus per square foot?

Attachments

• DSCN0996_JPG.jpg
    DSCN0996_JPG.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 54
s351rspeedster said:
.....that's what I get for not even cleaning the rims off :p
As you can see, I wasn't trying real hard to win any awards. I was there to hang out with all the gang!! I had a blast even though the damn black cars took home all the awards....Maybe I should spray paint my car a new color to get more attention!!! I think the row of white verts really hurt my chances, that and my detail job :rlaugh:

A couple non-black Saleens at least placed, even if they didn’t get first.:)

DSCN1129_JPG.jpg

Nice pics, Jeff. Thanks for posting and hangin' with us. Good beer! :cheers:

Attachments

• DSCN1129_JPG.jpg
    DSCN1129_JPG.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 66
dotbomb said:
There was also a red S7 but it was in total shadow when I was taking pictures. It has a massive wing on the back and according to 'some guy' I talked with today at another show that's the fastest S7 produced and that wing is $38k alone.

That is 100% false, They have built a few 1000HP S7s and that car is not a 1000HP car. That "maroon" color is also technically called "Merlot". Also, that wing is not $38K, maybe the whole "Competition" package is though. None the less however, that car looks AMAZING with the satin black wheels on it!!

^^This all thanks to one of my buddies who works at Saleen.

Another note on the Fake Beryllium Convt, I saw him pull in and park with the True Saleens and then a bit later I saw him leave... I was pretty happy that he left once the busted him for trying to be in the True Saleen class.

SoCal89GT said:
That is 100% false, They have built a few 1000HP S7s and that car is not a 1000HP car. That "maroon" color is also technically called "Merlot". Also, that wing is not $38K, maybe the whole "Competition" package is though. None the less however, that car looks AMAZING with the satin black wheels on it!!

^^This all thanks to one of my buddies who works at Saleen.

Another note on the Fake Beryllium Convt, I saw him pull in and park with the True Saleens and then a bit later I saw him leave... I was pretty happy that he left once the busted him for trying to be in the True Saleen class.

Ha ha ha. Nice. I wonder if that guy who cried after getting kicked out of the real Saleen section with his "pumpkin" will add these details to his next Ebay blitz to sell that car.
The bummer is it's a nice looking car with all of the great stuff on it and then he trys to pull some crap like that.

marcus95 said:
Ha ha ha. Nice. I wonder if that guy who cried after getting kicked out of the real Saleen section with his "pumpkin" will add these details to his next Ebay blitz to sell that car.
The bummer is it's a nice looking car with all of the great stuff on it and then he trys to pull some crap like that.

Yea, definately agreed on the fact that it is a really really nice car.