Roush Saleen Show September

• Sponsors (?)

The way things have been going at Saleen lately, I would'nt be a bit surprized if they didn't cancel it!!

Steve and Liz were supposed to be at the big Mustang Roundup in Bellevue Wa.
in july, but I just heard that it's not a done deal, and that Corprate Saleen might not even send their big truck and displays to the show this year!
Go Figure:notnice:

See Ya Bill

It's obvious that this is the end of Saleen as we have known it. If Steevy was really still with the co. in some capacity he would be attending these shows as it would probably be the only job he would still have at Saleen.

I agree with Bill. What a bummer.

Maybe he and "Reme" aka Bill Tally will come up with something good.

I've been wondering about this myself now that the Saleens are out of the picture @ Saleen Incorporated.

As Marcus implied, the new owners have demonstrated over the years that the heritage & history of the company & products that bear the name "Saleen" are irrelevant to them except as a means to promote sales of the new vehicles. Thus owners of "classic" Saleen vehicles are not of much use or interest to them.

It would be a shame if the annual show @ the Irvine facility falls by the wayside as it is one of the three shows I always attend every year. :(

Saleen Show In Sept

I did not not attend the show at at Knotts this year as i usually do.
In the past you would be able to pick up an entry form for the show
in September. I understand this year that there were not any entry
forms from some of the guys that i know that went. The show would be
roughly a little over 3 months from now to plan properly. If nothing happens
in June it maybe gone. Corporate America rears its ugly head again!:mad:

2000 SC281

Its possible the investment group may keep the tradition going. A lot of mustang owners enjoyed the annual event regardless if they owned Saleens or not. It is coming down to the wire on the planning side of putting a show together and getting registration forms availible.

2000 Saleen SC281

Well if the autoweek article is correct this is definately the end imo

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070607/FREE/70607009/1024

I just came across that same article on another enthusiast website to which I subscribe.

Who woulda thunk it that Steve would throw in his lot with the Chi-Coms?!? :eek:

As for the annual Saleen show, it is not listed on Saleen's website nor that of SOEC. Therefore one would have to assume it will not occur this year or any year from now on.
Perhaps Dennis from SCOA can provide some insight.

Yea,

That sucks for Mr. Bomb. He only had one chance to hang out and listen to us old timers reminisce about the good old days.

It's not a huge undertaking. Someone should call Dave and see what they have told him.

As for the annual Saleen show, it is not listed on Saleen's website nor that of SOEC. Therefore one would have to assume it will not occur this year or any year from now on.
Perhaps Dennis from SCOA can provide some insight.

Too bad you didn’t make it up for the HB Concours last Sunday. You would have been privy to a conversation with a source who was hanging out with us all day. There appear to be no plans for the annual show in the works at present.

You missed a good show and a trophy.

Without Steve at the Saleen Show it would not be the same. Its a shame that he could not stay at the company that he founded. Last year the show really grew especially with all the entries of the 2005-2207 cars. I can't imagine that they would start planning so late for the show this year. Its most likely a done deal. It was like no other show that we enter all year the marque event for these cars. :mad:

SimiSaleen
2000 SC281

Too bad you didn’t make it up for the HB Concours last Sunday. You would have been privy to a conversation with a source who was hanging out with us all day. There appear to be no plans for the annual show in the works at present.

You missed a good show and a trophy.

Ah, well, the same thing happened in April with the Knotts show, too. By the time the weather here cleared up it was too late to drive up there. :(

But do tell about this "conversation"...

Ok, so..
I did some question asking around here about this and I know this was important to those of you who need to make plans; the show is always second week of september, and we WILL be having one. We should have official word on it posted on the website next week. Ill keep you updated on any info on the show I recieve.