Roush saleen ud pulleys...

05saleens197

Feb 16, 2009
what up guys.....im new to this site and im new to the mustang modding world.. i owe a 05 mustang saleen... before that i had two 40th anniversarys gt..conv and hard top.... all stock but flowmasters....thaat was back in 04 i had all three...well i got rid of the 04;s and kept the saleen...its been sitting in my garage for 3 years now it has only 20000 miles.. i only have a predator tune and the steeda cold air kit....just the filter and housing but not the tube... i want to start modding it but dont know where to start, im looking for some help. here are my questions.

1) would adding the steeda tube help over the stock plastic piece ? they claim an 8 rwhp over stock..is this true ?

2) would getting rid of my cats help ?? if so how.. and would it be better to add some flowmasters over the stock mufflers ??

3) does this think come with ud pulleys or do i need some ? are this stock like all cars or do we have aftermarket ?

thanks guys........daniel

im sorry about that my nick says saleen s197 its s281 i messed up......whats the diffrence between this two ??

• Sponsors (?)

what up guys.....im new to this site and im new to the mustang modding world.. i owe a 05 mustang saleen... before that i had two 40th anniversarys gt..conv and hard top.... all stock but flowmasters....thaat was back in 04 i had all three...well i got rid of the 04;s and kept the saleen...its been sitting in my garage for 3 years now it has only 20000 miles.. i only have a predator tune and the steeda cold air kit....just the filter and housing but not the tube... i want to start modding it but dont know where to start, im looking for some help. here are my questions.

Glad to read you are returning it to the road! :nice:

1) would adding the steeda tube help over the stock plastic piece ? they claim an 8 rwhp over stock..is this true ?

Not sure about the claim of 8hp, but it did help the airflow over the stock for part.

2) would getting rid of my cats help ?? if so how.. and would it be better to add some flowmasters over the stock mufflers ??

I would forgo the Flowmasters, since the Saleen already has a MagnaFlow axle-back system. A cated hi-flow X or H pipe would be the direction I'd head. Unless you want to make noise. :)

3) does this think come with ud pulleys or do i need some ? are this stock like all cars or do we have aftermarket ?

Yes. Saleen equipped the 3-Valves with UDPs during conversion. They are red.

thanks guys........daniel

im sorry about that my nick says saleen s197 its s281 i messed up......whats the diffrence between this two ??

When you have a free moment, look for Jim the III of JDM fame and/or read the 2005-09 Saleen section --> HERE .

So what color is your 2005 Saleen? Coupe or 'vert?

Best wishes!

its a coupe.....here are some pics..

labajita011.jpg

portedtb037.jpg

portedtb038.jpg

thanks for the info guys

Glad to read you are returning it to the road! :nice:

Not sure about the claim of 8hp, but it did help the airflow over the stock for part.

I would forgo the Flowmasters, since the Saleen already has a MagnaFlow axle-back system. A cated hi-flow X or H pipe would be the direction I'd head. Unless you want to make noise. :)

Yes. Saleen equipped the 3-Valves with UDPs during conversion. They are red.

When you have a free moment, look for Jim the III of JDM fame and/or read the 2005-09 Saleen section --> HERE .

So what color is your 2005 Saleen? Coupe or 'vert?

Best wishes!

ill take some pics of the pulleys tomorrow...cause the two top pulleys do look red. but the crank pulley is not and it looks to big.. so ill take pics tomorrow and u guys tell me !!