Sales scams

WLDHRSE

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2001
Elkton, MD
Hey yall, I put the 4 eyed freak on TraderOnLine, in the collector car section. They called me to let me know that there has been a lot of e-mail scamming from adds on their site. My add has been on for two days and I have already had two scammers e-mail. Maybe most of you guys are already aware of this chit, but I figured this would help somebody so I wanted to post the info.

This was the first e-mail sent to me. This was actually before Trader called me to inform me of the problems.

Here is a potential buyer for your ad 83763871 on
CollectorCarTraderOnline.com: The specific ad Jeff Spencer viewed was for:

YEAR: 1993
MAKE NAME: FORD
MODEL NAME: MUSTANG
VIEW AD:
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/7/1/83763871.htm
PRICE: $11000
YOUR MESSAGE: please,get back immediatialy if your car is still available.thanks
SENDER\'S NAME: Jeff Spencer
TELEPHONE: Buyer did not Provide

I did send info just incase, but thought it odd that this person sent no phone number and did not ask anything about the car itself.

This was the second e-mail sent from this person.

Hi,
My client was much impressed with the condition of your car.

He can't wait to see the car parked in his garage.
However,he would like to know your last price for onward transaction immediately.
Have a wonderful day.

Mr Jeff.

At this point you can clearly see this is a scam. Nobody anywhere has clients looking for $11k cars. I replied this time saying that I would not even consider selling to someone that is not local. I did however throw a number at them, absolute min = $10k, just to see what there game is. It was what I thought it would be, having seen it before.

This is the third e-mail from this person.

Hi,
My client has finally accepted your price,he hopes the engine is serviced and oil changed too .He cant wait to see the car parked in his garage.

However,My client made out a certified cashiers check of($15,000) before he travelled to japan on a business trip,for a previous car and its shipment charges etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the check he deposited for the car is bigger than what should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant for the total
expenses which includes the purchase of your car,the pick up of the car from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements. However he has instructed us to carry on with this transaction. So you're required to deduct the cost of your car ($10,000)and send the balance of($5,000) to my client via western union money transfer to enable him offsett shipping charges /arrangements.

Once the transaction is concluded,My agent will be coming for the pick up of the car from its present location, on an open vehicle and then drive to a pre paid shipper for shipment,and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements.so you dont have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements,while title papers and other necessary documets will be sent by you via fedex courier to my
customer.

Please Confirm this and provide name,address and phone number for check payment to be delivered to you via fedex courier .
Thanks and God bless.

Regards,

Mr Jeff.

Can you imagine, okay Jeff, I'll pay you $5k to steal my car, no problem, check is in the mail. :nice:

I'm throwing this info out because as crazy as it seems, I have talked to two different people who actually fell for scams of this type. One was a Corvette and the other was much more expensive although I don't recall the car, it was an exotic. Hope all of you guys who are trying to sell your pride and joy, or even a POS, remember this.

Later,
Cliff :)

The 4eyed freak! 93 GT

12986928-69e6-028001E0-.jpg

• Sponsors (?)