sbc 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

rush8b

Oct 1, 2002
this is gong to sound stuped posting on a ford forum.This summer im getting a sbc 350 for free.All it needs is a new cam and heads.And i already got em.Heres the hard part.I drive a bone stock 89 2.3 n/t vert and the motor is going to be droped in and custom mounts are going to made to fit it.What i need to know is will the t-5 tranny fit on the 350?

• Sponsors (?)

Before you get to far into this, check out what it will cost for headers - unless you are prepared to pay $700.00 plus shiping for a set - I would look elsewhere.

The ford T-5 will not work without changing a butt load of stuff at great expense. You will need a T-5 out of a Camaro that came on a V8 car - that is very important. Also make sure you have the correct flywheel - sbc's came with 2 piece and 1 piece rear main seals and the flywheels will not interchange.

People also have a lot of problems with the starter being on the oppsite side and you will have to custom wire your own ignition to work with HEI or a GM points style system.

My brother just sold an AFR 9k RPM sbc 383 to a guy on here for the swap - the guy wanted his money back after he found out what it will cost to get that thing in there.

Not trying to talk you out of it, swaps can be fun - its your car - just want to give you a heads up.

y dont u and CONFUSION put yalls knowledge together and find out for yalls self. yall want to do the same. im gettin tire of these :bs: threads. this is a FORD MUSTANG site not a CHEVY MUSTANG site.

P.S. these threads make baby jesus cry:notnice:

Status
Not open for further replies.