SC help

well i havnt really had a SC as an option in my head lately, i have been worrying about other things and as a power adder down the rline i was thinking about nitrous, but the more and more i like at the Modular Power House Mongoose Kit, the more and more tempting it becomes, but the main question is how safe is the kit?, i know it is still cheaper then buying from Vortech, but this with this kit wouldnt you still have to buy Forged pistons and rods, and a new clutch

http://modularpowerhouse.com/product_info.php?cPath=49_50&products_id=121&osCsid=f63176cff603a539ef9c4b5aa774e12e

• Sponsors (?)

Mongoose kits are as safe as they come. IMO, Tim is one of the best best Mustang tuners in the country. I would only recommend a built bottom end if you're going well over 400whp.

I have the KB 1.7L Mongoose kit btw. Stock motor too.

Do you need a forged motor? No. Should you buy one? Yes. :flag:

I'm lovin my Vortech Mongoose kit, upgraded to a 3.3" pulley and added the MPH 4" boost pipe too. I haven't dyno'd it since the new pulley, but should be 380-390 range now - not bad for a non-intercooled kit with a pretty safe rich tune. With the headers you have, you'll be looking to make around those numbers with stock pulleys and MPH boost pipe.

Do you need a forged motor? No. Should you buy one? Yes.

do you have a forged motor?

02Laserred2v do you have a forged motor also?

just trying to figure it out, my car is my DD and i like whatever mods i do to my car to be as safe as possible for the car and the engine. Eventually i would get forged pistons and rods if i got this kit but there would prob be a 5 month or so period where it wouldnt be...is that smart?, or if i was getting a kit like this should i forge it rigth away?..

I just bought Mongoose kit and should be gettin it this week. There are alot of people running around with blower w/o forged internals. As long as you have a safe tune and arent pushing over 400 rwhp youll be fine. I know some guys that have been running blowers for years on stock internals.

04GunGT said:
do you have a forged motor?

Nope! No plans on getting one too soon either! When my motor finally goes (10k's of miles from now I'm sure) I'll be going with a 5.0 bored shortblock, alot easier than having the motor torn apart and such if you're doing the work yourself.

You should be fine at the boost level the kit starts you at for a long long time with the stock pistons, rods, and most certainly the crank.

Like others have said, the MPH kit is pretty damn reliable. Just make sure you stay below 400WHP, and your stock internals will hold up. Just make sure you check the AF ratio on the dyno once everything is installed. Better safe than sorry.

BennyDaBall said:
With the headers you have, you'll be looking to make around those numbers with stock pulleys and MPH boost pipe.
Probably more....your IRS is soaking up a little more horsepower than your average solid axle stang is as well.

....as far as the need for a forged bottom end with the Vortech Mongoose. It only comes pulleid for 8psi from MPH. That's not considered anywhere near over the "safety" margine for that particular blower, on a mod motor.....even without aftercooling. I wouldn't even sweat it.