Shake, Rattle, and Roll?

jimb05

Oct 16, 2004
As a former Corvette owner, I am always concerned about a vehicle's propensity to "loosen up" over time causing everything on the inside to rattle, shimmy, squeak etc. I know there are no high milaeage GTs out there yet but has anyone noticed interior squeaks and rattles? Just one of those long term concerns we sometimes don't think about when we lust after a car in the showroom.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jim

• Sponsors (?)

Are vette's THAT bad about loosening up? Anyway, I obviously have not had the car long enough to give a solid opinion on the '05's ability to keep it together but I admit I have similar concerns. I bought mine off a lot and got the shaker 1000. I didn't want it but in December GT's were hard to find so I took what I could get. The problem is, I like my music LOUD and I've grown quite fond of my "shaker". I'm concerned that all the bass will loosen up the rear and I'll end up with one of those old beaters that rattle like a Texas diamondback. That said, I owned an '88 GT and I can tell you; this is a MUCH better built car. I hope the better quality materials and better constuction thruout will head off the problem you speak of. And before the fox guys get pissed let me say, It's a better designed and built car but I did'nt get it for anywhere near the $14,500 my '88 went for brand new.

ditto

i've got 5,200 miles on my 05 GT and it only took about 200 miles for the first rattles to show up. The plastic moulding on the inside pillars that cover the front windshield rattle like crazy. They need better clips to secure them or some kind of better backing to keep them tight. I do have the share 1000 and play loud bass all the time and that might have contributed to the rattles on both sides. I will change out the clips soon and see if it is a fix. The front struts pop sometimes. Everything else ix nice & tight. I'm verry happy with the quality of how it wasput together. the paint has some dirt in it but at least it don't rattle.

My 71 vette rattled but what the hell it was a convertible
My 89 vette rattled but it was a convertible
my 2001 vette didn't rattle - probly cause it was a convertible

ExCon said:
It certainly is a sad state of affairs when we discuss whether listening to a stereo is liable to cause rattles in an automobile. Welcome to the US car owners experience!!

EXACTLY!!!!!! :bang:

If it's so thumpy and lound, maybe take the hint and do away with the "woofers" that are causing the rattling? Maybe turn it down a bit?

My rear seats and shelf are beginning to rattle at times from the bass of the Shaker 1000. I'm not going to sweat it right now I just turn up the music til I no longer hear it. I will install some Dynamat back there when I have time (when I'm bored and have nothing better to do) and see if I can tighten some screws or something.