Roush Shennanigans from the dealer

dotbomb

Jul 10, 2006
OC California
I just found a photograph of my car at Crystal Cove dated 5/27/06. Problem is I purchased my car in June.

The car is parked at Crystal Cove with business cards from the dealership I purchased the car from.

Question: Does this constitute the car being a demo unit? If so, should the car have been sold to me used rather than new? My odometer had just over 150 miles on it when purchased "new".

Wondering what to think of all this...

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j...ent=DSCN0659.jpg&refPage=40&imgAnch=imgAnch48

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah thanks for the input Marcus and replying to all my pestering emails lol I'm just anxious to see how it all turns out over there at your place and it ain't even mine :D

I was thinking about this more over dinner. Is this different than a dealership taking cars and parking them inside a shopping mall? Possibly... :shrug:

dotbomb said:
Mike, thanks. It is just hard to think that my car had a life before me lol
All that happened before the car met you. It doesn't matter if your car was out showing her goods to everyone before she met you, it's all in her past. It's about "us" now. :nice:

I would be upset by this, as you apparently are. However, you did purchase the car with 150 miles on it?! Did you ask at the time, why it had such 'high mileage' for a brand new car? You should have demanded a discount, at the point of purchase for the previous use, especially on a high performance car, like your Saleen. Who knows how many hacks beat on her for 150 miles?

Metalcop said:
I would be upset by this, as you apparently are. However, you did purchase the car with 150 miles on it?! Did you ask at the time, why it had such 'high mileage' for a brand new car? You should have demanded a discount, at the point of purchase for the previous use, especially on a high performance car, like your Saleen. Who knows how many hacks beat on her for 150 miles?

I'm not worried about the miles or the price. The two cars I drove at that dealership had about the same miles. Also I got a great price. The car had a manufacture date of 12/05 and I bought in 6/06 so it clearly sat for a while.

dotbomb said:
I'm not worried about the miles or the price. The two cars I drove at that dealership had about the same miles. Also I got a great price. The car had a manufacture date of 12/05 and I bought in 6/06 so it clearly sat for a while.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the "great" price? :)

When I took delivery of my Saleen in August of '89, it had 250 miles on it & a cigarette butt in the rear seat console ash tray.

Of course the fact that I purchased it via a dealer trade between Pacific Beach Ford in San Diego & Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa I shouldn't have been surprised by the mileage.

However, I was a bit miffed that they had some salesman drive it all that way instead of shipping it on a truck, not to mention the fact that that salesman had the audacity to smoke in "my" new car.

And like yours it had sat on Theodore Robbins' lot for 6-7 months before I purchased it.

And like you I received a great deal as PB Ford didn't really know what they had & I essentially got the 3.55 rear differential, a $1000 option, for free. :nice: